• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Get 'em, Pat Kelsey.

The tragedy in Newtown triggered it but my post was broad. My post is directed at anyone who would come back with an argument, so i guess that's you, Racer.

So, while you're on your soapbox, please let me know when it became ok to post on the boards again? You say I should have been thinking of nothing but spending time with my family this past weekend. At what point was it ok to think about Wake sports again? Time and date would be great since you seem to be the moral compass of boards posting.

I was more bothered by the masses of threads on this board focusing so much attention on Wake athletics this past weekend when I couldn't think of anything but being with my family. Not a huge deal, not calling anyone out in particular... just my opinion.

Not to be a dick, but if you couldn't think of anything but being with your family, why were you visiting a Wake Forest athletics board? And why do you then act surprised that a Wake Forest athletics board contained masses of threads focusing so much attention on Wake athletics?

And from your initial post...
A lot of fans that post on these boards are symbolic of the lost grip on importance and perspective that our country as a whole is struggling with.

That's a really bold statement to make about a group of people most of whom you have never met. You're judging them by the posts they make on a message board during a break from work. To assume that what they post on these boards is representative of their priorities in life is quite a leap, to say the least.

Sorry, again I'm not trying to be a dick and I'm sure your comments come from a good place, but I just don't think those statements were fair.

So, while you're on your soapbox, please let me know when it became ok to post on the boards again? You say I should have been thinking of nothing but spending time with my family this past weekend. At what point was it ok to think about Wake sports again? Time and date would be great since you seem to be the moral compass of boards posting.

So confrontational. I don't know what the right time to engage back into Wake sports. Everyone handles things differently. Sorry folks, not on a soapbox, just expressed an opinion. I'm done talking about it. Go deacs

Also, as much as I want a clean break from Skip, I'd take Pat back in a hurry. 3 years of Bz changes your perspective, and Kelsey has left and done his own thing. Coming back now, after the way our program has sunk, would almost be a homage to Skip as he built it back up. Leaders lead, and Kelsey has shown himself to be a hell of a leader in the link above.

Not to be a dick, but if you couldn't think of anything but being with your family, why were you visiting a Wake Forest athletics board? And why do you then act surprised that a Wake Forest athletics board contained masses of threads focusing so much attention on Wake athletics?

And from your initial post...

That's a really bold statement to make about a group of people most of whom you have never met. You're judging them by the posts they make on a message board during a break from work. To assume that what they post on these boards is representative of their priorities in life is quite a leap, to say the least.

Sorry, again I'm not trying to be a dick and I'm sure your comments come from a good place, but I just don't think those statements were fair.

I jumped back on the boards Monday, I don't think I'm any closer to right than the person who was on the boards Friday, simply posted a broad statement about the way I feel about our nations priorities.

You're right, don't know everyone on these boards, but do know quite a few folks in the Wake community. I don't know the day to day priorities of those who post here and don't truly care.

Sorry to offend anyone.. My post did indeed come from the right place.

Also, as much as I want a clean break from Skip, I'd take Pat back in a hurry. 3 years of Bz changes your perspective, and Kelsey has left and done his own thing. Coming back now, after the way our program has sunk, would almost be a homage to Skip as he built it back up. Leaders lead, and Kelsey has shown himself to be a hell of a leader in the link above.

Agreed. I wonder if Kelsey would want to come back given the memories it would bring up.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/281051007172112384/photo/1

this is why it matters:

Well that just crushed me for the day.

When is the appropriate amount of time to stop grieving the hiring of Jeff [Redacted]?

Great speech from Coach Kelsey... not overly political, not preachy - just perfect for the situation we face as a society.

Guess I will be in the minority here, but this wasn't earth-shattering or anything. Kelsey acknowledged this was awful (it was), and those of us with children will give an extra hug (we did) and then admitted he had nothing constructive to add to the situation and then called for change...any change, whatever kind of change, just change. Not much to see here.

How many other basketball coaches used their last post-game press conference to address the tragedy?

I don't think it's earth-shattering in the broader context, but it's not something we see very often in sports aside from expressions of sympathy or a ribbon or writing on a shoe.

Back