• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gifts For Customers

20K at 40% profit is a pretty big deal no matter what you're selling. Also just getting on this particular customer's vendor list is a big deal.

20K at 40% profit is a pretty big deal no matter what you're selling. Also just getting on this particular customer's vendor list is a big deal.
Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about commission on that, not profit dollars.

What industry are you in?

Here's a trick I used to use when confronted with a "no gifts policy". I would carry and extra high end putter or driver in my bag during a round of golf with a good client. At some point during the round I shank or push a putt or drive and throw the club down and say something like "dammit that club is just not working for me" and walk to the cart. Client always is like "hey....you left that club" and I follow up with "I don't want it, can't hit it and it's driving me crazy.....if you want it pick it up and put in your bag." Worked like a charm.

Here's a trick I used to use when confronted with a "no gifts policy". I would carry and extra high end putter or driver in my bag during a round of golf with a good client. At some point during the round I shank or push a putt or drive and throw the club down and say something like "dammit that club is just not working for me" and walk to the cart. Client always is like "hey....you left that club" and I follow up with "I don't want it, can't hit it and it's driving me crazy.....if you want it pick it up and put in your bag." Worked like a charm.

...did you say it obviously so they knew what you were trying to do?

The problem I have is a lot of these guys can't get away from their respective manufacturing plant or the plant is in the middle of nowhere. Also most of these guys (industrial clients) are restricted in what they can take. Golf polos do sound like a good idea though.

I work at a manufacturing plant in the middle of nowhere and it is near impossible to get away for more than an hour. Me and other supervisor's always appreciate when lunch is provided. We do not have any set rules for what we can or can't take. Other items that I know of have been tickets to races, Wake Forest football (I was the only one that would take them), Panthers and Bobcats. The 2 owners enjoy going out to lunch meetings but they are able to leave for long periods of the day.

weird

" 'A friend is a gift you give yourself' ― Robert Louis Stevenson" ― Mark J. Cundiff

Back