• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gifts from Santa

Gifts from Santa:

• Total voters

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
Were your gifts from Santa wrapped or unwrapped? If you have children getting gifts from Santa now, you can answer either what you had growing up or what happens now.

Really big stuff not wrapped, but most stuff wrapped. My mom used just that plain brown paper bag type wrapping paper with red bows. Looking back, that was pretty awesome.

Eh. My niece is 2 and she takes forever to unwrap gifts. I wish my sister would not wrap them.

ours were unwrapped growing up, however my wife's family wrapped everything so that is what we do for our kids. we get special "santa" paper that is different from any other gift wrap. I like that plain brown paper idea, have to mention that to the wife.

My wife and I battle this every year. I was wrapped and she was unwrapped. Our kids get unwrapped Santa presents, but wrapped stockings. I hate it. I mean, once they are a little older and get clothes and stuff, who just wants it lying out on the couch? So boring.

I think it is a southern thing to have unwrapped Santa. My parents are from NJ, so we were wrapped.

I grew up with having everything wrapped.

My wife grew up with having Santa gifts unwrapped to differentiate between gifts from her family.

I like her way better. My boy is getting an unwrapped tricycle(old school, metal Radio flyer trike) under the tree this year. Should be awesome.

at my mom's house everything was wrapped at my dad's house it was unwrapped.

Mine were always wrapped.

A couple years ago, a coworker was talking about all the unwrapped presents from Santa that his kids got - I was floored. Had no idea Santa didn't wrap everyone's gifts!

Gifts from Santa were unwrapped (so I wouldn't notice it was the same wrapping paper).

this.

also, coincidentally, the stuff from santa always happened to be the stuff that was lumpy/hardest to wrap (like bikes, etc). hmmmmmmm. suspicious :)

My wife and I battle this every year. I was wrapped and she was unwrapped. Our kids get unwrapped Santa presents, but wrapped stockings. I hate it. I mean, once they are a little older and get clothes and stuff, who just wants it lying out on the couch? So boring.

I think it is a southern thing to have unwrapped Santa. My parents are from NJ, so we were wrapped.

I grew up with Santa stuff wrapped except for the big stuff. I am from NC, mom is from Mississippi and dad is from WNC.

My parents did different paper for Santa presents and actually I got different paper from my sister (i.e. mine would have all blue paper and hers would be red).

My parents also always set the Santa stuff up separately (i.e. not mixed in under the tree, but kind of between the tree and the fireplace). Actually made Santa more real because it was like he came and set the stuff up. Coolest set up was the year I got a toy tractor (one you ridel like a bike) that had a trailer and all the wrapped presents were in the trailer.

Unwrapped. You think Santa has time to wrap your gifts as he is delivering gifts all over the globe on one night? COME ON!

Unwrapped. You think Santa has time to wrap your gifts as he is delivering gifts all over the globe on one night? COME ON!

He has a wrapping department a the north pole, duh. I assume you think he builds the toys himself too? :rulz:

Nice Christmas spirit.

My niece loves cats (doesn't have one) and I have one that is cool going in the car, going to my sister's house, roughing up her Great Dane and playing with my niece. She came to our holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving) this year as an added bonus for my niece. I was asked to bring her to Christmas and leave her in the car while my niece unwraps gifts (which took 90 minutes last year) and then bring her in (because my niece will not want to unwrap gifts with the cat around). Sorry, I wish my niece unwrapped gifts faster, I'd love to bring the cat but I won't leave her in the car for 90 minutes.

Back