• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gifts from Santa

Gifts from Santa:

• Total voters
we never got gifrts from parents AND santa...they were all santa gifts...except on christmas eve my mom always gave us new pajamas.

this minus the part about Christmas Eve. but, on Christmas Eve we were allowed to unwrap one present, usually from the grandparents.

During a very unscientific poll tonight at dinner with some of my girlfriends, we had 3 unwrapped and 2 wrapped. The 3 unwrapped were from Louisiana/Richmnond, Kansas City, and Richmond. The 2 wrapped were from Massachusetts and outside Philly. Our waiter also was unwrapped, but I don't remember if he said where he was from. The girls concluded it was a North v South thing, but I informed them about this thread to note that plenty of southerners also wrapped.

I had never heard of unwrapped until I met my wife.

During a very unscientific poll tonight at dinner with some of my girlfriends, we had 3 unwrapped and 2 wrapped. The 3 unwrapped were from Louisiana/Richmnond, Kansas City, and Richmond. The 2 wrapped were from Massachusetts and outside Philly. Our waiter also was unwrapped, but I don't remember if he said where he was from. The girls concluded it was a North v South thing, but I informed them about this thread to note that plenty of southerners also wrapped.

Not to mention Kansas city isn't in the south.

The funny thing is that whichever way you did it as a kid the very certainly the "right" way. I just think it is mind bogglingly dumb to see it all at once instead of savoring the opening of presents. My wife thinks that seeing a bunch of wrapped presents under the tree is boring and the kids loose out on the initial visual of santa "coming."

I just had a really disgusting visual of Santa jerking off on the floor next to the Christmas tree.

LOL, I am glad I learned what "Elf on the Shelf" was yesterday. A coworker sent this photo of their elf "Grizzly" and how the kids found him this morning:

123pcth.jpg

"Ok, fine, I'll go buy a gift. Do I have to wrap it?

Yes.

Believe it or not, there have actually been studies on the value of gift wrapping. A team of Australian researchers observed a Christmas gift-wrap stall, interviewed 20 subjects, and ran workshops where they asked people to wrap one gift for someone they were close to and another for an acquaintance. Their conclusion? A gift should look like a gift. Wrap it up. "

So now the Elf Shelf, Ceiling Cat, and Jesus are watching kids all the time?

"Ok, fine, I'll go buy a gift. Do I have to wrap it?

Yes.

Believe it or not, there have actually been studies on the value of gift wrapping. A team of Australian researchers observed a Christmas gift-wrap stall, interviewed 20 subjects, and ran workshops where they asked people to wrap one gift for someone they were close to and another for an acquaintance. Their conclusion? A gift should look like a gift. Wrap it up. "

Well yeah, you should definitely wrap a gift you're getting for someone else. Likewise, you'd expect people, like your parents, to wrap gifts they get for you.

Santa's completely different, though.

ours were unwrapped growing up, however my wife's family wrapped everything so that is what we do for our kids. we get special "santa" paper that is different from any other gift wrap. I like that plain brown paper idea, have to mention that to the wife.

Great idea.

Back