• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gimme you top five most likely

VaDeac

Reaction score
So we all have our wish lists, but ITT we attempt to get inside the head of a madman, as well as that of several coaching candidates. Who's your top five most likely?

I'm going:
1. White
2. Howland
3. Amaker
4. Miller
5. Toledo guy

Edited b/c I forgot about Amaker.

Last edited:
1. Howland
2. Turner
3. Longernan
4. White
5. Toledo guy

I think after Shaka turns him down, Wellman hires either Amaker or Lonergan.

1. Reed
2. Lonerdonk
3. Mooney

I have zero confidence in Wellman.

1. Howland
2. Lonergan
3. White
4. Kowalczyk
5. Miller

I think I'd be very happy with Howland.

1. Turner, Russ
2. Reed, Dr. Brett
3. Lonergan, Mike
4. White, Michael
5. Nelson, Craig T.

Last edited:
I think the question is what recruiting limitations will Wellman put on the new coach. If he keeps limiting our recruiting pool to players that are committed to staying 4 years, you can forget about the marshals and smarts of the world. The ability to recruit the top players is one of the big draws to the acc. We will wind up with a young coach who is willing to take on the limitations in order to get a shot at coaching in the acc.

1. Turner
2. Mooney
3. Reed
4. Paulsen
5. Kowalczyk

Last edited:
1. Howland
2. Some Guy We've Never Heard Of
3. Lonergan
4. White
5. Miller

1. Longeran
2. Amaker
3. Turner
4. Kowalcyzk
5. Rice

Sorry. I can't imagine White even being seriously considered.

Though extremely happy that people think Howland has a good chance.

Last edited:
Howland
Amaker
Reed
Mooney
No fucking clue

I would offer Shaka 4M, but RW will bring the Ryder rental, not the Brinks truck.

1) Russell Turner
2) Mike White
3) Mike Lonergan
4) Steve Masiello
5) Chris Mooney

I'm OK with any of these. If it's Wojo, I may opt for euthanasia.

Would you all take the field or say the 8 names we have discussed most often? I'd like to say the top 8, but given the last basketball search, who knows ?

1. Turner
2. Paulsen (Clawson's recommendation)
3. White
4. Miller
5. Marshall

Don't understand why people believe Wellman will go after Howland. Isn't Wellman a big "culture" guy? Howland's reputation is the opposite of that due to the SI article.

I think the question is what recruiting limitations will Wellman put on the new coach. If he keeps limiting our recruiting pool to players that are committed to staying 4 years, you can forget about the marshals and smarts of the world. The ability to recruit the top players is one of the big draws to the acc. We will wind up with a young coach who is willing to take on the limitations in order to get a shot at coaching in the acc.

I still don't believe that the recruiting limitations are real. We've offered several potential one and dones such as Harry Giles, but have failed to land any of them. Bz is just a terrible recruiter.

I'm hearing the short list includes:

Fred Hoiberg, Brett Reed, Tommy Amaker, Mike Lonergan and Jay Wright

If that's the case then Ron has no fucking idea what he wants. That's about as varied a list as you can get.

Back