• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gimme you top five most likely

I'm hearing the short list includes:

Fred Hoiberg, Brett Reed, Tommy Amaker, Mike Lonergan and Jay Wright

Jay Wright? Please stop with the dick tease. If Wright was the least bit plausible he would be the top guy on ANY list. Not happening.

Hoiberg and Wright are both coaching in their respective home states right? There not going anywhere, in fact they'll both get raises and extensions if anything.

Lol I think Hoiberg was a 4 year letterman at ISU? Lol. If that guy is on Ron's "list" what a great illustration of how inept and lost and behind the times this guy truly is….

I just read Hoiberg's wikipedia page and not only did he play at Iowa State, his dad was a professor at Iowa State, he grew up in Ames, his wife grew up in Ames, 4 kids all born in Ames, and all 4 grandparents in Ames. Talk about a guy who is tied in to a place.

Watch it unfold, bro.
Jay Fucking Wright? The guy whose team has a good chance at a #1 seed in the NCAAT? The guy is from Pennsylvania. I'd also say that Nova is a better job than Wake and has more basketball tradition. Hoiberg? The ISU alum who's the "mayor" of Ames, IA and is also taking his team to the Dance? Christ, may as well just throw a dead John Wooden on that asinine list of yours. Just stop, dude.

Lol I think Hoiberg was a 4 year letterman at ISU? Lol. If that guy is on Ron's "list" what a great illustration of how inept and lost and behind the times this guy truly is….

Apparently Wellmans list also includes Lute Olson, Ralph Macchio from the Karate Kid, and whoever is currently banging Tyra Banks.

Jay Fucking Wright? The guy whose team has a good chance at a #1 seed in the NCAAT? The guy is from Pennsylvania. I'd also say that Nova is a better job than Wake and has more basketball tradition. Hoiberg? The ISU alum who's the "mayor" of Ames, IA and is also taking his team to the Dance? Christ, may as well just throw a dead John Wooden on that asinine list of yours. Just stop, dude.

LOL at Nova being a better job than Wake. That said, we aren't paying Wright enough to leave and he isn't coming.

How can anybody be OK with Mooney? This will be the third year in a row that he has missed the NCAAT. His win/loss record during his time at Richmond is barely over 50% and his highest conference finish is 3rd. However, he is such an LOWF choice that Wellman may choose him.

LOL at Nova being a better job than Wake. That said, we aren't paying Wright enough to leave and he isn't coming.
I don't see how the notion that Nova is a better job than Wake is LOL hilarious. I would agree they're pretty close, but I'd give the slight edge to Nova. That's just me. Nova has a richer basketball history than Wake. I could see the case for Wake too. What difference does it make though, Jay Wright ain't coming obviously.

Last edited:
So out of the people who did this right so far, if you give a first place vote 5 points, second place 4 points and so on, the board's top four most likely are Turner, Longerdonk, Howland, and White, and then a pretty big drop off.

Bless your heart if you believe Howland and White are in Wellman's top 5. I really hope you're right, but I don't see it.

1. Reed
2. Lonerdonk
3. Mooney

I have zero confidence in Wellman.

That was certainly true for years, especially with this basketball coach, getting rid of Odom & Greer, keeping Jim Caldwell 2 years too long, hiring Mike Petersen, Annie Bennett, the bumbling & stumbling around the firing of Dino, BUT he did do an excellent job hiring Dave Clawson.

Back