• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gingrich making it official

I just got a copy of Newt's speech for tonight:

And to Maria Shriver. I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. My number is 202-545-1234. I'm available too.

But wait until tomorrow to call, I've got to tell my wife she's history.

Is she still considered hot? She kind of looks like a human skeleton with a wig. I know she comes from Dem royalty, but I wish she'd become active in the GOP. I'd vote for her.

Is she still considered hot? She kind of looks like a human skeleton with a wig. I know she comes from Dem royalty, but I wish she'd become active in the GOP. I'd vote for her.

To an aging Mr. potatoehead like Newt, yes.

She's a pretty hardcore Dem.

And in keeping with his deceptive, lying character, his announcement has two major false claims:

In a long expected announcement on May 11, 2011, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga., used a web video to broadcast his intention to run for president. But his carefully crafted video fell short factually, as we found two claims that earned a rating of False from the Truth-O-Meter.

And before those unfamiliar with Politifact claim it's some left-wing, biased group, they review statements by any politician or pundit and have skewered Obama as much as anyone.

This guy has zero chance to beat Barack Obama.

What a waste of time and resources.

I don't mind Newt being involved. He is a smart guy. Don't necessary think he is a very ethical or honest person, but he knows his stuff.

He comes from the neocon wing of the party. Wish a classic liberal candidate would emerge other than Dr Paul. I'm a big fan but he isn't electable.

Gingrich is a brilliant politician, but like a large majority of politicians he will tell a lie in order to gain in the polls. He will be a major factor in determining the Republican candidate. He can't beat Obama, but in my opinion he will loom large in designating who does face him in 2012.

he influence Newy as, the less chance he has to win against Obama.

Newt had very little chance as it was, and now he has pretty much killed his aspirations in the first week of the candidacy. The more the so-called established candidates shoot themselves in the foot, the better the chance for a dark horse to emerge for the nomination.

Last edited:
Newt had very little chance as it was, and not he has pretty much killed his aspirations in the first week of the candidacy. The more the so-called established candidates shoot themselves in the foot, the better the chance for a dark horse to emerge for the nomination.

Which is the Pubs only shot at this election. If you've already heard the name of the eventual Pub nominee, start preparing for a second Obama term. And it's getting extremely, extremely late for a dark horse to arrive. The window has maybe 2-3 more months before all major Pub campaign funding will be allocated to known candidates and that will be that. You can't wait until fall the year before to suddenly decide to run for president. You'll be penniless.

All of them are dark horses except for Romney.

All of them are dark horses except for Romney.

I don't follow. There is no real Pub favorite of even the heft that Hilary had last election with the Dems. I wouldn't be surprised if any of 3-4 Pubs eventually got the nod, and I follow this stuff pretty closely. My point was that not one of the known Pub contenders could win. Gingrich, Paul, Pawlenty, Huntsman, Romney, Santorum, Cain, Palin, Bachmann, Giuliani. None of them could beat Obama head-to-head. Daniels or Perry get you closer to dark horse status, but with no real spark that indicates they could win a primary, much less a general. They guy that could've perhaps caused a stir, Christie, is wisely sitting this one out.

The window for a Bill Clinton to sail in and wow the right -- and the middle -- is closing rapidly. If someone I just listed gets the Pub nod then, barring a political or national disaster, Obama should cruise.

NBC just did a report on their nightly news discussing how poorly Gingrich's campaign has begun. Evidently he bashed Paul Ryan's budget plan on Meet the Press and now the GOP is in a tizzy. Rush Limbaugh and the rest are accusing him of siding with Obama and throwing Ryan under the bus. I don't like Gingrich, but this surely proves how screwed up our political system is. Gingrich basically says these plans to cut Medicare is not what America needs. As a result, he gets blasted because he didn't toe the line when it comes to the conservative right. You can't even speak your mind if you are in politics these days. You must abide by what your party deems is the correct solution to a problem.

Newt had a long term debt to Tiffany's for $250-500,000.

Scary to think Newt still has a chance if no viable anti-Romney candidate emerges. Actually, Michelle Bachmann is far scarier.

I just got a copy of Newt's speech for tonight:

And to Maria Shriver. I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. My number is 202-545-1234. I'm available too.

But wait until tomorrow to call, I've got to tell my wife she's history.

Apparantly his dead wife is still alive...

Back