• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Girlfriend's Birthday

If you cook you just have to clean it up. That sucks.
Take her to do something fun, fun for HER. For instance you could go to a decent clothing store and sit in the chair and tell her how pretty she is when she comes out in outfits. Then buy her the one she likes the best.

And then go home and slam it out. Take a few minutes and make sure she enjoys it.

The Coach outlet (not the one in the mall) can be money. 9 times out of 10 they have a purse for under $100. I'm sure it's last year's model or something, but who gives an F. Bitches love Coach purses.

If you can read, you can bake a freaking cake. Premix boxes are retard-proof.

I'm awful at giving g/f's gifts. Just terrible. The one thing I did well recently though, is I went to her favorite dress shop and bought her a dress to wear that night and took her out to her favorite (guilty pleasure) place to eat. Think I got out of that night for less than $250.

t bell?

If you cook you just have to clean it up. That sucks.
Take her to do something fun, fun for HER. For instance you could go to a decent clothing store and sit in the chair and tell her how pretty she is when she comes out in outfits. Then buy her the one she likes the best.

And then go home and slam it out. Take a few minutes and make sure she enjoys it.

dashionistabf did this once and i loved it! We went to anthropologie and I basically had a little fashion show in the store. i still love the dress we bought together and he got lots of props from my friends on the idea.

Last edited:
dashionistabf did this once and i loved it! We went to anthropologie and I basically had a little fashion show in the store. i still love the dress we bought together and he got lots of props from my friends on the idea.

Pshh... I went alone and picked one out for her. That took some onions.

Is it really that hard to bake a cake? And as a regular dinner cooker, I understand that a guy cooking dinner for a special occasion is nice, but if he was any good at cooking, shouldn't he be cooking dinner regularly?

This is my problem. A nice dinner every night is the norm.

really, you set up candles and shit every night or you just cook something that has more than 4 ingredients?

if you don't know the difference between a well-made dish and a "nice dinner", you're dumb

wrong, friend.

"nice dinner" is about creating an experience. You guys are bitching b/c you think it's about making osso buco from scratch or some complex dish that takes a lot of time.

I mean, if you think a nice dinner is a cliche then you're screwed, especially if you're married, bc you've got a lot more birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations, etc to account for, and if you tihnk you're going keep topping yourself with increasingly complex/expensive ordeals, you're going to go nuts.

A dinner should only be part of the celebration (not gift), anyway. I figure a nice restaurant or nice dinner at home or a party is a default part of a birthday every time.

Last edited:
wrong, friend.

"nice dinner" is about creating an experience. You guys are bitching b/c you think it's about making osso buco from scratch or some complex dish that takes a lot of time.

I mean, if you think a nice dinner is a cliche then you're screwed, especially if you're married, bc you've got a lot more birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations, etc to account for, and if you tihnk you're going keep topping yourself with increasingly complex/expensive ordeals, you're going to go nuts.

A dinner should only be part of the gift, anyway. I figure a nice restaurant or nice dinner at home or a party is a default part of a birthday every time.

I get what you are saying. The problem I face is that the two of us make a point to sit and eat a quality dinner every night. It something that we take pride in. We rarely go out to eat because we do not see the need in doing so. As a result, even with the added ambiance (candles, dark lighting and a better bottle of booze than normal) I still feel the need to do something more. That something more part is what I cannot put my finger on. Hence, I turned to the Pit for advice. Dinner was always part of the plan but not the whole plan.

i hear you. like i said, dinner is part of the celebration, not the gift (for 99% of situations), IMO.

Take her to a nice restaurant and a play/concert where she can dress up?

haha no I would assume as much. but it is not difficult to look up a banging ass cake recipe online...start a thread about it. just follow the directions to a T and you will be fine...dv7 has made cakes with me before now come to think of it...so i would trust him to make me something good. (HINT HINT)

Pie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cake

LIAR! I baked you those flattened out chicken things rolled in bread crumbs. :mad:

even if you baked the chicken things, that is not BAKING. baking involves baked goods. breads, cakes, cupcakes, etc.

The dress idea is money in the bank. Took that route a year ago; took her to Belk to buy a gown for Formal, then Macaroni Grill (her favorite), home for Kahlua Mudslides, and then Poundtown. A great time was had by all - for less than 2 bills.

Back