• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Give me some Cameron or Sosa

There's a reason Grobe's staff switched Orville to WR.

There is a reason why Wake Forest parted ways with Coach Jim Grobe and his staff of non-recruiting minions. We were left with nothing on offense and he made mistake after mistake on the offensive line and running back the past four years and Coach Clawson is paying the price dearly now.

This thread is awful. Nobody who wants to see Cameron or Sousa hasnt been to practice and seen them consistently get reps. Period. If you did you wouldn't be calling for either. That's just a fact.

What if I want to see Cameron or Sousa just so Wolford doesn't get killed. Maybe give him a chance to learn from bench for a couple games. Worried that he might get David Carr syndrome.

If wolford does not sit here then I doubt he makes it through the year. Again we need a running QB because he will be running for his life. Wolford I'm sure is very good when he has time, but no one can be accurate on their back. No need to destroy his confidence which has deteriorated. We have a bye weeks time to make a change for the kids own good.

Benching him for a QB that 1) isn't as good as he is and 2) doesn't fit into the coach's offensive system as well as he does should TOTALLY help his confidence!

benching wolford would be a short term gimmick that could well work. like the wide splits that everyone pointed to as weakness/desperation on grobe's part.

let the man install his system for long term success that has a foundation that can perpetuate itself, not apply a band-aid solution, and by the time wolford is a senior he's going to be special to watch.

there is no immediate gratification. We really do just need to recruit an OL.

Last edited:
Riley was positioned at 3rd on the depth chart until he was given extended playing time. Some guys do play better than they practice. Why couldn't Cameron be our future? It's not like he doesn't have eligibility left.

I don't think he is our future; however, he may be a temporary reprieve from utter despair!

Last edited:
People are just trying to throw shit at the wall to see what sticks. That's a recipe for success when a coach has been around a while and is faltering. Like Grobe's later years. Given Clawson's history, I'm inclined to have confidence in what he decides to do and resign myself to just take our lumps as he builds something from the ground up. It's not his fault that Grobe had five losing seasons heading into this one and we're all starving for some smidgeon of success.

Benching him for a QB that 1) isn't as good as he is and 2) doesn't fit into the coach's offensive system as well as he does should TOTALLY help his confidence!

Does Wolford really fit our offensive system? Seems like a drop back passer to me.

He is no threat to run so any type of read option we run is limited.

Riley was positioned at 3rd on the depth chart until he was given extended playing time. Some guys do play better than they practice. Why couldn't Cameron be our future? It's not like he doesn't have eligibility left.

I don't think he is our future; however, he may be a temporary reprieve from utter despair!

I vote for Cameron if his Mom live Tweets his games.

My God. I think some of you must not watch football outside of the QB position. We could have Joe Montana and it wouldn't matter. This is the worst offensive line I have ever seen on any college football team. Granted, I don't watch a lot of shitty Division II or III teams, so I'm sure there have been worse, but I haven't seen them. I've watched CFB for more than 30 years now and Wake football for almost 25. We have no skill on the offensive line and an absolutely dreadful stable of RBs and WRs. We have no speed, and where we may have a bit of speed, we have no hands. We are just a terrible offensive football team-- as in historically bad. Wolford stands out in that he is clearly the most talented guy on the offensive side of the football. That's not really saying much given our dearth of talent, but the future at QB is clearly him until somebody better comes along. Cameron blows. Sousa has always been a project at QB. Guy was a 3 star athlete coming out of HS and people thought he was gonna be Johnny Freaking Football because he chose us over Michigan or somebody. Gimme a break. The cupboard is bare on offense. Deal with it.

Well the runningbacks aren't really that bad I don't think but the rest of your post is spot on.

Well the runningbacks aren't really that bad I don't think but the rest of your post is spot on.
Not that they've had the opportunity to prove otherwise but I have no confidence that our backs are anything more than below average.

Yeah I should clarify, I don't think they're great now but Wortham and Robinson I have high hopes for moving forward.

To be fair to the RBs, they can't exactly stand out with this OL. I mean, if Joe Montana wouldn't make a difference at QB because of the OL, it stands to reason that Barry Sanders wouldn't make much difference at RB. But when they do run sweeps or to the edges, I'm not seeing any speed.

A QB with more mobility would improve this offense. Would it make much difference in our record? Probably not, but our passing game is absymal with Wofford against any FBS level defense.

To be fair to the RBs, they can't exactly stand out with this OL. I mean, if Joe Montana wouldn't make a difference at QB because of the OL, it stands to reason that Barry Sanders wouldn't make much difference at RB. But when they do run sweeps or to the edges, I'm not seeing any speed.

Barry would make a difference.

He'd hit a couple holes that our guys aren't off the line but there's not too much you can do when you get hit right as you get the ball. I mean we've had a few times this year that Wolford and Robinson have been hit at the same time right as the hand off came in. Sanders would improve the offense but I don't know how he would even get to any open space.

He'd hit a couple holes that our guys aren't off the line but there's not too much you can do when you get hit right as you get the ball. I mean we've had a few times this year that Wolford and Robinson have been hit at the same time right as the hand off came in. Sanders would improve the offense but I don't know how he would even get to any open space.

Fucking millennials. Did you ever even watch Sanders?

Barry Sanders averaged over a full yard per carry more than his NFL-CALIBER teammates AGAINST NFL DEFENSES. Watch his highlights some time because he got hit behind the line literally all the time and still ran for 5 ypc

Back