• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Give me some Cameron or Sosa

I was talking about you. You're taking any criticism of Wolford as wanting to bench him. People love to rally around freshmen who try hard especially on bad teams. See Price as an example. I'm for finding someone better.

I'm #trustinclawson here. But I see nothing wrong with wondering if someone else can do better at every position we've seen be ineffective on this team. That includes QB. Wolford hasn't earned his spot in six games. He only earned it in practice.

Ph, did you happen to watch the Spring game. I'm 100% confident Wolford is the best we got. I think he could lose his spot, but it might be Hinton that takes it.

I don't mean to be divisive or start some sort of debate, but I don't consider smoking pot a couple times and getting caught to be worse than driving a car onto the quad while hammered. I know you won't (and really shouldn't to be honest haha) release information about what people have done that's worse, but I can't imagine too many people have continued to play for committing worse offenses than this and if they have then that's an embarrassing result for Grobe and co. over the past few years in and of itself.

And I'm astonished that we let Sousa play, it's embarrassing to the university.

Didn't say it was football.

Ph, did you happen to watch the Spring game. I'm 100% confident Wolford is the best we got. I think he could lose his spot, but it might be Hinton that takes it.

Like I said, he earned it in practice, not in the last 6 games.

I definitely agree that it's too early to anoint him based on moxie, guts, or something like that.

I was talking about you. You're taking any criticism of Wolford as wanting to bench him. People love to rally around freshmen who try hard especially on bad teams. See Price as an example. I'm for finding someone better.

I'm #trustinclawson here. But I see nothing wrong with wondering if someone else can do better at every position we've seen be ineffective on this team. That includes QB. Wolford hasn't earned his spot in six games. He only earned it in practice.

No one on offense has earned his spot except Seringue and EJ Scott. Yet only Wolford gets his own thread.

Like I said, he earned it in practice, not in the last 6 games.

I definitely agree that it's too early to anoint him based on moxie, guts, or something like that.

I also think it's too early to scrap the system that Clawson is trying to put in and get the players to learn so that he can build a winning program just to try not to finish DFL in offense this year.

No one on offense has earned his spot except Seringue and EJ Scott. Yet only Wolford gets his own thread.

He's the QB. That's how it goes.

Also he's taken less criticism than the OL, RB, and WR units.

I also think it's too early to scrap the system that Clawson is trying to put in and get the players to learn so that he can build a winning program just to try not to finish DFL in offense this year.

Absolutely. While it would be nice to win a few more games this year, it's building the program that is more important right now. Wolford won't get better sitting on the bench watching Cameron or Sousa run for their lives.

Absolutely. While it would be nice to win a few more games this year, it's building the program that is more important right now. Wolford won't get better sitting on the bench watching Cameron or Sousa run for their lives.

Nor will the team.

I must have missed all the threads asking for change at those positions.

You serious? You haven't seen posts about anybody but Ford or hoping Wortham takes carries from Reynolds or wondering where Tyree is or the Matt James thread?

You're reading selectively. People have been giving Wolford a free pass that his fellow offensive players haven't gotten.

Another thing to keep in mind with Wolford is that RS is burned. No reason to short him that experience by benching him midstream.

You serious? You haven't seen posts about anybody but Ford or hoping Wortham takes carries from Reynolds or wondering where Tyree is or the Matt James thread?

You're reading selectively. People have been giving Wolford a free pass that his fellow offensive players haven't gotten.

Could that free pass be because, due to the awful play in other areas, a change at QB would be akin to putting lipstick on a pig, as it was yesterday?
I'm not saying Wolford has been lighting the world ablaze. I'm saying a change at QB is likely to have minimal positive effects while stunting the growth of the player.

but ph is a better football player evaluator from his couch on saturday's than the coaches who see the players play in person every day

Lots of QBs have been ruined being put in no-win situations where the develop bad habits and happy feet.

And lots of QB's have improved by, you know, playing instead of watching.
Should we just trot out the worst QB we have so as to minimize the damage "ruining" him will cause?

And lots of QB's have improved by, you know, playing instead of watching.
Should we just trot out the worst QB we have so as to minimize the damage "ruining" him will cause?

Coaches have gone both ways on this. Any QB that would generate any offense with his feet might be an improvement because our passing attack has been non-existent anyway against any FBS level defense.

I am OK with Clawson keeping Wolford as the starter. I would also be OK if he made a change too.

Last edited:
Could that free pass be because, due to the awful play in other areas, a change at QB would be akin to putting lipstick on a pig, as it was yesterday?
I'm not saying Wolford has been lighting the world ablaze. I'm saying a change at QB is likely to have minimal positive effects while stunting the growth of the player.

I'm not advocating for change either but you can't believe it's a crazy position. We have three underwhelming options at QB. I think both sides have merit here. "Lipstick on a pig" and "wouldn't hurt to see" make just as much sense as the other. As far as I can see only the first is dealing in absolutes.

I just don't want to see people anointing a QB for trying hard on a bad team when he hasn't shown a lot of the basics that we'd expect to see from a long term option at QB. For one, people don't seem to think he is making this team better and that's the #1 think you want. Again, getting a QB who can make due with a weak OL is going to easier and more timely than recruiting a better OL. Tabacca clearly can't make chicken salad.

I'm not advocating for change either but you can't believe it's a crazy position. We have three underwhelming options at QB. I think both sides have merit here. "Lipstick on a pig" and "wouldn't hurt to see" make just as much sense as the other. As far as I can see only the first is dealing in absolutes.

I just don't want to see people anointing a QB for trying hard on a bad team when he hasn't shown a lot of the basics that we'd expect to see from a long term option at QB. For one, people don't seem to think he is making this team better and that's the #1 think you want. Again, getting a QB who can make due with a weak OL is going to easier and more timely than recruiting a better OL. Tabacca clearly can't make chicken salad.

I don't have a problem with any of this, only to add that, as much as we'd like it to not be the case, the guy you speak of toward the end isn't on the roster yet.

This thread is awful. Nobody who wants to see Cameron or Sousa has been to practice and seen them consistently get reps. Period. If you did you wouldn't be calling for either. That's just a fact.

Last edited:
Back