• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Here are the batches so far, in case you come across a bottle.

6ce097febbf6e1096557f78e1da2d97c.jpg

Yeah I'd really like to come across a bottle of that.

I have a Batch 8 right now that I was sipping on last night. I like it and would be curious how the others compare.

KL wines has the 21-year old orphan for $99 online right now

It's not good?

I really didn't care for Rhetoric. Frankly, I don't really care for any of the Orphan Barrel offerings, and I'm pretty sure I've had all of them. They all have this weird moldy funk thing going on. I'd save your C Note and buy something else.

May try this...

mount-gay-extra-old-750-24483p.jpg

Half the price of the Old Cask.

Let us know how it is! I see that Zaya 12yr on the list for $34.95 as well.

Had a nice pour of the Mount Gay XO this weekend. Definitely not bourbon, but not a bad change of pace. You could easily detect molasses and brown sugar flavors. Drank it neat and it did not have the burn that bourbon has. Didn't think to check the ABV%.

Not a bourbon, but I was given a bottle of Glenmorangie 18 for my birthday. It does spend 15 years inside a bourbon barrel. I am looking forward to a glass of it this week.

I guest lectured in my friend's class the other day and he said that he would repay me with a bottle of bourbon up to $45.

I don't know how much on this list is currently available, but what would you pick?

I guest lectured in my friend's class the other day and he said that he would repay me with a bottle of bourbon up to $45.

I don't know how much on this list is currently available, but what would you pick?

i keep forgetting you're in LA

beverage warehouse is the shit; they did a pappy tasting last year that started with rock hill farms and ended with pappy 23. it was amazing.

speaking of which, i love rock hill farms at $46.99; maybe give him $5 to bridge the gap

i keep forgetting you're in LA

beverage warehouse is the shit; they did a pappy tasting last year that started with rock hill farms and ended with pappy 23. it was amazing.

I can imagine. How does one get in on that?

They used to have a calendar on their website with tasting events, but I don't see it anymore

Brought back some Red Breast 12 and Yellow Spot from Ireland. I bought the YS at a shop in Galway after the guy was saying how only like 8 stores in the country can sell it and they didn't have it at duty-free. Turns out they did have it at duty-free at about 30 euros less than what I paid. I got the Red Breast at the airport, though. Technically you can only bring back a liter per person and we had already gotten a bottle of local gin my wife wanted, so we were officially over our limit by 100 ML, but we risked it. Still, such a small limit...there were other whiskeys I wanted to get as well.

For $45 or less on that list:

(1) Smooth Ambler Olsd Scout Rye 99 proof
(2) Knob Creek Single Barrel 120 proof
(3) Russel's Reserve 6 Yr Rye or 10 Yr Bourbon

There are definitely a few good ones that just miss the cut at $46.

Back