• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Nursing a hangover this morning from EH Taylor Single Barrel. Worth it.

I picked up a bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel to celebrate my last day of work at my current job and to toast the start of the season on Thursday. I've had their small batch but never their single barrel. I'm excited to try it.

I picked up a bottle of EH Taylor Single Barrel to celebrate my last day of work at my current job and to toast the start of the season on Thursday. I've had their small batch but never their single barrel. I'm excited to try it.

Cheers buddy...post some tasting notes!

Drinking Jameson Caskmates. Story goes that the head brewer from Franciscan Well -- great brewpub in Cork, Ireland -- and the head distiller concocted this plan at a pub. Jameson sent Franciscan Well some of their barrels and they put their stout in there and aged it for a few months. Then Jameson took back the barrels and put their whiskey in it.

I had the stout when at FW in July and it was fantastic (as were all their beers I tried). Picked up a bottle of the whiskey tonight at my local shop and I really like it. Intense chocolate, coffee, and toffee notes that really add to Jameson, which I really don't care much for on its own.

Opened up the 1792 Sweet Wheat. I likey!

Also, got an e-mail from Mecklenburg County ABC, they have got in some "specialty" bourbons and they are Blanton's and Buffalo Trace. Blanton's make sense to me, but I didn't know Buffalo Trace was in short supply.

Grabbed a bottle of this in Va on the way to Smith Mtn Lake house yesterday. I recommend it:
abraham-bowman-limited-edition-port-finished-bourbon.png

I am jealous! Hoping to score some next week in Kentucky. Poured some OGD 114 tonight then just finished some Sweet Wheat.

Found one bottle of OWA here in Kentucky. Picked up the PHC release, a bottle of Blanton's and Willet Pot Still as well. And, some BT bourbon cream for the wife.

Tough project just finished up at work today. Celebrating with a pour from my 2013 Thomas H. Handy. Every drink I have from this bottle makes me want to hoard the rest even more fiercely. Great stuff.

Just had my first fr single barrel, barrel strength. A random liquor store in South Jersey happened to have some on sale from a barrel their club did. Damn, this stuff is excellent. I'm real excited for our barrel.

Found some OWA 107 while visiting my mom, so woohoo. They had some decent stuff for good prices since not many people drink bourbon in North Mexico

There was WL Weller 12 yr for roughly $30 (give or take a couple bucks either way), don't think I have ever seen it before....thoughts?

Back