• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Heading to Disney with the kids and fam tomorrow. Stopping over in Jacksonville FL tomorrow night. Any good liquor stores in that area? Also, any can't miss restaurants?

Riverside Liquors is a good spot. There is also the grape and grain exchange. Lots of good restaurants depending on what you're looking for and where you're staying.

Just picked up two sets of these

n7587296799989755908-1.jpg

even your ice molds kinda look like boobs

I ended up getting compensated two bottles for this lecture.

Went with Rock Hill Farms and Old Granddad 114. I'm looking forward to breaking into both soon.

Based on your collective experiences, how did I do?

I've never had Rock Hill (I don't think), but I'm a fan of OGD114 (though it is increasingly hard to find)

I bought several bottles of OGD 114 at B&D's recommendation and glad I did! I have a bottle of Rock Hill Farms, but have not tried it yet. That will probably be the next bottle I open. Enjoying some Elmer T Lee right now, and I have a bottle of OGD 114 open as well as Jefferson's Ocean, which I didn't care for at first, but it's growing on me.

Rock Hill is awesome imo

buckets already knows this, but Rock Hill Farms is delicious.

Glad you like it!

It's basically an older, better blanton's at the same price point

OGD 114 tonight..headed to SC tomorrow and plan to grab a few more bottles since I can't get it in NC. Have a list of 8-10 where I am hoping to see 3 or 4 where the mark-ups are not too outrageous if even in stock. At a minimum hopefully can get some ECBP12 (never could track it down in NC) and whatever they have as a store select this year.

A few pipe dreams and the rest are ones I just can't get my hands on in NC but I'd like to try. The store I am hitting (Pavilion Beverage) usually has a good selection of fairly hard to find bottles (last time I was there they had several different orphan barrels on the shelf - at a mark-up, but not anything absurd like 2 or 3 times the true price. I did pass on all of the orphans though. Have had a BT store select and an Evan Williams 2003 Single Barrel store select that were both outstanding...bummed I did not grab 2 or 3 of the EW in retrospect. The watch list for the week:

Elijiah Craig Barrel Proof 12 Yr
EH Taylor Cured Oak (nfw)
Old Forester 1897
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2014 (prob nfw)
Sazerac 18 (nfw)
Pikesville Rye
Wild Turkey Forgiven
Sazerac 6 Yr (just cause I can never find it)
Old Scout Barrel Proof (Rye or Bourbon)
Jim Beam High Rye Signature Craft

I didn't think about that...I'll be in Greenville this weekend if anyone has any suggestions of things they may have or good stores. Might get a bottle for an upcoming wedding.

A few pipe dreams and the rest are ones I just can't get my hands on in NC but I'd like to try. The store I am hitting (Pavilion Beverage) usually has a good selection of fairly hard to find bottles (last time I was there they had several different orphan barrels on the shelf - at a mark-up, but not anything absurd like 2 or 3 times the true price. I did pass on all of the orphans though. Have had a BT store select and an Evan Williams 2003 Single Barrel store select that were both outstanding...bummed I did not grab 2 or 3 of the EW in retrospect. The watch list for the week:

Elijiah Craig Barrel Proof 12 Yr
EH Taylor Cured Oak (nfw)
Old Forester 1897
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2014 (prob nfw)
Sazerac 18 (nfw)
Pikesville Rye
Wild Turkey Forgiven
Sazerac 6 Yr (just cause I can never find it)
Old Scout Barrel Proof (Rye or Bourbon)
Jim Beam High Rye Signature Craft

Look for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof as well...it will be hard to find though.

I'm not high on Beam outside of OGD114 (and OGD BIB to an extent) but Bookers has been getting good reviews among folks I trust. There are several current batches...15-01 and 15-03 are 1st and 2nd (not sure in which order) with 15-02 slightly behind. I have a bottle of 15-02 here but haven't opened it yet. Just something else to think about.

OGD BIB here tonight. I do all my liquor shopping across the NC border in Fort Mill, SC at a few different stores and rarely see any of those. A bottle of ECBP or Stagg Jr may pop up from time to time, Saz 6yr comes randomly in like 3 bottle bursts then nothing for a while, Forgiven is around and maybe the Beam signature craft. Have not looked for or noticed the others. Your nfws are unicorns here too.

Back