• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Ha it is back. Their "fire" and "shortage" was a move to be able to adjust to market price. It was so rad to buy that for $40. "Shockingly," it is now $120. Blah

Exactly...I was coming to post this. We all knew it would be back, but the question was at what price. I'm still shocked that they are going to price it at $120...I figured they'd just double the price and sell it for $99/bottle.

Last edited:
Exactly...I was coming to post this. We all knew it would be back, but the question was at what price. I'm still shocked that they are going to price it at $120...I figured they'd just double the price and sell it for $99/bottle.

I wish no one would buy a bottle in protest. With this market, sadly, they will get that price, and justify a price raise in the future stock distribution.

Got some four roses barrel strength tonight. Curious to try it but will probably wait for another night.

It is. This will be my first barrel strength ever. Thoughts on best way to try it?

Neat! I doubt it's much more than 125pf.

Actually drink it how you like it. I'd try it neat first, just to see how it is, but then start adding small amounts of water to get to the proof that you enjoy best. Or you can just throw a couple ice cubes in like I'm doing with my OESQ tonight while watching baseball.

36c5af218fbb3ace20a2975516c217c7.jpg

Last edited:
A friend went out to CO and picked me up a bottle of Breckenridge. Looking forward to trying it.

Opened this up yesterday afternoon. Goes down smooth, but should at 86 proof. Drank it neat, starting to become my preference.

Opened this up yesterday afternoon. Goes down smooth, but should at 86 proof. Drank it neat, starting to become my preference.
It's one of my favorites. Probably #3 right now behind FR Single Barrel and Rock Hill Farms.

Need a rec for a good entry level bourbon! I just want to buy something good at the liquor store that I can enjoy for the Tennessee/Bama game this Saturday. Tradition is for bourbon and cigars. Looking to find a decent bottle thats easily accessible. Cigar rec would be good too. Thanks!

Need a rec for a good entry level bourbon! I just want to buy something good at the liquor store that I can enjoy for the Tennessee/Bama game this Saturday. Tradition is for bourbon and cigars. Looking to find a decent bottle thats easily accessible. Cigar rec would be good too. Thanks!

Man O' War Ruination and OW Special Reserve

Last edited:

Weller Special Reserve (or Old Weller Antique if available in your area)
Buffalo Trace
Elijah Craig 12 yr
Rittenhouse BIB (if you want to change it up with a rye whiskey...it drinks like bourbon though)
Old Grand Dad 114 (or BIB)

Back