• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Its availabilty is basically nonexistent in the Charlotte area at this point. So I'm feeling like I have to preserve the two bottles I have left that I was lucky enough to snag last year.

Are very small towns likely to have something like OWA in stock or do they just get bypassed by bigger towns for the good stuff?

Are very small towns likely to have something like OWA in stock or do they just get bypassed by bigger towns for the good stuff?

In control states there is a chance that smaller towns might have some current release bottles. In non-control states it can be hit or miss. They might not have received OWA for years, or there could be a couple bottles of old age stated OWA paper label hanging out on the shelf.

Saw a bottle go for $10k last night. That's some cray shit.

12191987_10207953250452304_7556528731534822014_n.jpg

Barreled in 1951, bottled in 1969.

I have this little guy that I'm waiting to open, but it's just a 1/2 pint. My one and only secondary market purchase from years ago, before things went nuts.

sorry for the large pictures...don't feel like resizing.

5efd850cd09b62f431f0760d9d48716a.jpg

f287f88f9f32f8336d038db3e13bc5e6.jpg

If that occasion is a Wake or Baylor title it might never get opened. Perhaps they can pour it on your grave when the time comes if it comes to that.

This year! Our true freshman is taking over and he will deliver. History is on our side - no team has ever won the college football playoff with the original first team starter. It's destiny!

I'll have to see if I can find the article online, but my FIL loaned me a copy of a magazine he gets that had an article last month about a restaurant chef who has spent thousands of dollars buying up Old Fitz and Weller from the S-W days for his restaurant. The writer went to a private tasting the chef did with Julian Van Winkle. It was an entertaining read.

ETA: Found it...

http://gardenandgun.com/article/great-bourbon-taste-test

Last edited:
I'll have to see if I can find the article online, but my FIL loaned me a copy of a magazine he gets that had an article last month about a restaurant chef who has spent thousands of dollars buying up Old Fitz and Weller from the S-W days for his restaurant. The writer went to a private tasting the chef did with Julian Van Winkle. It was an entertaining read.

It was Garden and Gun and the chef is none other than James Beard Winner, Sean Brock - longtime friend of JVWIII:
http://gardenandgun.com/article/great-bourbon-taste-test

Brock's bourbon pics on insta are pretty crazy. I like how he balances his love of Pappy with pounding Bud longnecks at the Griffon.

So I drank a fifth of Wild Turkey 101 Saturday night. I was out of commission all day yesterday and I am still feeling a little off this morning.

So I drank a fifth of Wild Turkey 101 Saturday night. I was out of commission all day yesterday and I am still feeling a little off this morning.

That's funny as I did the same with Evan Williams BIB on Friday night and am just now feeling right.

went to the Copper Fox distillery on Saturday and picked up a bottle of rye. the inn we stayed at that night had free Copper Fox single malt and rye on happy hour, so I had my fair share of the single malt before dinner.

Back