• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here but I picked up some Filibuster the other day and really enjoyed it. It is finished in chardonnay barrels and is very smooth.

Pappy has been hard to find for awhile, but I feel like just a few years ago you could find BTAC with a little effort.

I kinda hate all the dorks buying up all the good bourbon. I wish I had gotten into it (ie made enough money) early enough to have built a sufficient bunker stash.

A local retailer here does a lottery drawing for his allocated stuff once a year and it's coming up in a few weeks. They don't ridiculously overcharge for things either. Hoping for a crack at some WLW if I get drawn.

A local retailer here does a lottery drawing for his allocated stuff once a year and it's coming up in a few weeks. They don't ridiculously overcharge for things either. Hoping for a crack at some WLW if I get drawn.

Just wondering. Secondary market prices are insane; seeing all kinds of craziness on the exchanges I play in; dudes running $80 PB games for PVW 15 and other such non-sense.

Supposedly the Angels got more than their share this year.

Anyone had wild turkey "Forgiven" ? Just introduced to this. Big fan. If already discussed please disregard

Last edited:
Anyone has wild turkey "Forgiven" ? Just introduced to this. Big fan. If already discussed please disregard

I picked up a bottle from the gift shop when I went in February. Haven't opened it yet, may open it up at Christmas, my FIL is a WT fan.

Smooth Ambler has Contradiction, which is a Rye/Wheat combo that I wanna try.

I kinda hate all the dorks buying up all the good bourbon. I wish I had gotten into it (ie made enough money) early enough to have built a sufficient bunker stash.

This. I'm about to sell off everything of "value" that I own. I don't have enough valuable stuff to be able to trade and build a good stash and I don't have time to go combing random stores in other states hoping to find random bottles, so I think I'm just going to sell it and drink whatever shit makes it to the shelves. If I start drinking the very limited supply of good stuff I own now, I'll just be disappointed when I have to go back to off the shelf bourbon.

Pappy has been hard to find for awhile, but I feel like just a few years ago you could find BTAC with a little effort.

I got lucky that I was into it just before the boom hit - back when you could still go out hunting and find old bottles in stores and limited editions sat on the shelves for a while.

This. I'm about to sell off everything of "value" that I own. I don't have enough valuable stuff to be able to trade and build a good stash and I don't have time to go combing random stores in other states hoping to find random bottles, so I think I'm just going to sell it and drink whatever shit makes it to the shelves. If I start drinking the very limited supply of good stuff I own now, I'll just be disappointed when I have to go back to off the shelf bourbon.

I've never sold anything on the secondary market but with prices going the way they are I'm very tempted. It's crazy what people are paying these days.

Keep it. Plenty of 'good-enough' bourbon for everyday sipping to be bought off the shelf. Save the good stuff for the special events.

I'm sitting on a few bottles just in case, but I will probably drink them down the road. I am definitely sitting on some OWA and Elijah Craig 12 year. I have about 4 or 5 bottles of each and I will drink the newest first. I have a couple bottles of Blanton's and a few other "specialty" bottles that I'm sitting on. My bottle of Forgiven was from the first bottling when it was done by accident, or so they say.

Keep it. Plenty of 'good-enough' bourbon for everyday sipping to be bought off the shelf. Save the good stuff for the special events.

This is what I'm thinking. I like Larceny a lot and I even have 3 or 4 bottles of that on hand.

Yeah just keep it. With the way things are going you might never get those again. My few good bottles are special occasion pours and I'm pretty happy with my off the shelf rotations.

I wouldn't even know how to sell on the secondary, seems like a high potential for fraudulent buyers. And it's gotta be even worse for folks trying to buy a rare bottle.

I'm sitting on a few bottles just in case, but I will probably drink them down the road. I am definitely sitting on some OWA and Elijah Craig 12 year. I have about 4 or 5 bottles of each and I will drink the newest first. I have a couple bottles of Blanton's and a few other "specialty" bottles that I'm sitting on. My bottle of Forgiven was from the first bottling when it was done by accident, or so they say.

Geez is EC12 hard to find now too?

Geez is EC12 hard to find now too?

No, but they changed the label and when I was in Kentucky, the old label was selling higher in the store than the new label. So, I have picked up as much of the old label stuff around here I could find.

No, but they changed the label and when I was in Kentucky, the old label was selling higher in the store than the new label. So, I have picked up as much of the old label stuff around here I could find.

06deacon, the speculation is that the 12 year age statement will disappear sometime in the near future. By moving it to the back of the label, many people wouldn't even notice if/when it completely goes away.

The juice is still the same though, for now at least. Says 12 years on the back instead of the front.

06deacon, the speculation is that the 12 year age statement will disappear sometime in the near future. By moving it to the back of the label, many people wouldn't even notice if/when it completely goes away.

So if I want a pour of EC12, I will buy a new label bottle off the shelf and sit on my old label stuff for down the road.

Yup I see where they're heading with that. Didn't the eagle rare bottle do the same thing recently? Sneaky.

Back