• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

5 years ago?

We bought a few bottles for $120 retail. Last year's Pappy 20 was $149.99.

$180 is what it took to get it out the door 5 years ago. Maybe a bit less, I don't remember, so maybe not 'true MSRP' but close enough, considering how stupid pricing has gotten on bourbon.

Jesus whiskey 2:

dbe44bd9454723b9f6e71eedda0a92d2.jpg

Really nice. Quite hot at pushing 119+ pf. Very light in color. Pretty sweet with a slight honey taste, and maybe black tea. It reminds me of Penderyn (a welsh whiskey).

Relaxing with an EC12 after a long day raking leaves, chasing a toddler and other various honey-do items. Whew.

Missed two postings:

Jesus whiskey 3:

9b0c6471c920a8556b173e06ebc2df02.jpg

I don't typically love sherry cask finished whisky, but this one was pretty exceptional. I got some hints of tropical fruit and deep spices like clove or nutmeg. Pretty sweet too. Defs would buy.

Jesus whiskey 4:

1895b35dd892c3691c827340fe72e5f8.jpg

This one was nice but very different from the others and what I usually drink. Much lighter in color and in viscosity. Sweet honey and citrus are what stuck out to me. I enjoyed it but I'm not sure I would seek it out specifically.

Jesus whiskey 5

c60f720478d3d97202f68f50bc7f7a0e.jpg

This one is interesting. Quite a bit of peat, light bodied, a little bit of heat. Some chocolate and something sharp. Also quite sweet. Not my typical pour but I like it more with every sip.

Any of you CLT area folks stop by the Southern Spirits lottery tonight? I was there and "won" nothing but at least picked up some cheap scotch I needed anyway.

Missed two postings:

Jesus whiskey 3:

I don't typically love sherry cask finished whisky, but this one was pretty exceptional. I got some hints of tropical fruit and deep spices like clove or nutmeg. Pretty sweet too. Defs would buy.

Send all the sherried scotch to me!

Bought two 1.75L bottles of Rebel Yell and about 2.5 lbs of frozen cherries. The infusion has begun! Last year I did honey crisp apples, a cinnamon sticks and a couple vanilla bean pods.

Whiskey de Jesus 6:

6f18ca678d00394f9dc03ca744c4871d.jpg

This is pretty harsh and tastes like a brick. I'm not likening anything about it. It's not gross, but it's not tasty. Bye Felicia.

Baby Jesus whiskey 7

5d3df2b04b3949d3f4c9bc83ef467431.jpg

Well, this one is mega harsh. I haven't recoiled from a whiskey burn in a long time, and I drink some hot shit. This is hella peppery with some citrus. I'm actually liking it with each sip, but that first one hit me like turpentine.

Due to a West coast swing, I'm a few days behind. I'll try my best to double up over the next week.

C'mon bruh, I wanna know what's in the bourbon box. FYI, mine is the single cask whiskey box.

Baby Jesus whiskey 7

5d3df2b04b3949d3f4c9bc83ef467431.jpg

Well, this one is mega harsh. I haven't recoiled from a whiskey burn in a long time, and I drink some hot shit. This is hella peppery with some citrus. I'm actually liking it with each sip, but that first one hit me like turpentine.

Well you nailed the pepper and citrus, at least according to the MoM tasting notes.

b278476b1055ad3d2722b2bf40508a86.jpg

Lols. The pepper is cray. Like drinking a spicy bloody mary peppery. And it's tart like a lemon. Usually I'm way off from tasting notes, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

C'mon bruh, I wanna know what's in the bourbon box. FYI, mine is the single cask whiskey box.
Here's 4, 5, and 6.

f593d9cd8bd65cd912589605643bd1db.jpg

4. The 7 year Old Ezra is my favorite dram so far. Incredibly smooth being over 100 proof, and is the closest thing to our Four Roses Barrel Choice that I've ever come across.

5. The Bulleit Frontier Whiskey honestly reminds me of a smooth Canadian Whiskey more than a bourbon. It'll be great for a daily sipper.

6. The Old Scout 7 year is another really smooth drink. A little burn and a faint aftertaste but incredibly smooth. If I had a basement full of bourbon, this is one I'd pour a drink out of every couple weeks, assuming it's not cost prohibitive.

In other news, is your couch from Ikea wfudkn? The pattern looks eerily similar to mine. I may have to start taking pictures on the couch.

Back