• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Bears - heard anything about OGD 114 being discontinued?

Ty's: Your calendar can't be the same as wfudkn can it? If not I'd love to know where you got yours as scotch and Irish can be a little tough for me and others. I am still trying to like Scottish whiskey but still can't get the hang of it.

Titcr.

You can select which type of liquor you want. I started with bourbon, but will switch in subsequent years.

I have always done scotch because I do this with my pops and this is his drink of choice. There are a few different scotch boxes and this one is new to us this year. The premium scotch is pretty special without getting too crazy. That $11k box is fucking insane.

JW8

db6a4ddaad607b8593606085f53a4e87.jpg

I like tonight's much better. This one is has honey and caramel and a nice pleasant bite.

JW8

db6a4ddaad607b8593606085f53a4e87.jpg

I like tonight's much better. This one is has honey and caramel and a nice pleasant bite.

Interesting. Tullibardine shuttered back in the 90s. A quick google search shows that they were sold and opened again in 2003. Who knew?

It's interesting that you've had some pretty young scotches in the last few days.

f1714569cf135f11e5bc166b962770fa.jpg

7. Four Roses Single Barrel.

This bourbon single handedly shows the variability of flavors in each barrel, and made me appreciate our barrel pick even more. Ours is hands down better than what I just had. It's impossible to compare the two, it really is. Great job to whomever picked our barrel.

8. Michter's US*1
Don't recall ever having this one before. A decent amount of heat, but was really not memorable going down except for a metallic aftertaste. Probably not going to buy this one.

9. Buffalo Trace
Standard run of the mill offering. Not impressed, but I've never liked Buffalo Trace regular bourbon, which is odd because Blanton's is my favorite.

I had to end the night on a high note, so I poured a tall glass of our barrel pick.
d6e44abd901dda93c6c9c43fc45e899d.jpg

Alls well that ends well.

Just submitted a final - going to pour a little Corner Creek, neat. Nothing special, but it's an easy drinker.

Interesting. Tullibardine shuttered back in the 90s. A quick google search shows that they were sold and opened again in 2003. Who knew?

It's interesting that you've had some pretty young scotches in the last few days.

I find that these boxes have somewhat of an inverse bell curve. They start out strong, dip down in the middle days and then finish strong. We're in that middle part now. I'm expecting the ages and quality to start dipping back up this weekend.

Stated before but I think wild turkey 81 is much better than buffalo trace

I wasn't a fan of my first and only bottle of Buffalo Trace. Tasted earthy to me. I've had small samples at the BT tours and liked it better, but not enough to purchase another bottle.

My in-laws gifted me a bottle of WT81 and I found it very sweet and smooth. Took it down Halloween night 2015. That was a fun night!

^ hard to find these days in NC. Almost all the BT offerings are scarce.

The 4 Roses Barrel bourbon is very nice indeed. 2/3 of my bottle is gone. Look forward to the next Board Barrel purchase.

Back