• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Bought myself a valentine's day present last night: a bottle of Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection Oat Bourbon. It's pretty unique without being weird. Smokey with a good bite, and definitely a little sour. Defs recommend giving it a whirl if you can find it.

Is that the single oak experiment? The guy at the liquor store was telling me about it. It was very intriguing. I am not certain if I like the fact that each bottle tastes different and I thought $63 for a small bottle was a little steep. I went home with some RVW 12 Special Reserve instead.

Is that the single oak experiment? The guy at the liquor store was telling me about it. It was very intriguing. I am not certain if I like the fact that each bottle tastes different and I thought $63 for a small bottle was a little steep. I went home with some RVW 12 Special Reserve instead.

#67 is good

Got some Knob Creek. Never tried it before. Price seemed to be a bit more than a Bulleit type bourbon. Hope it's good.

Got some Knob Creek. Never tried it before. Price seemed to be a bit more than a Bulleit type bourbon. Hope it's good.

Working through a bottle right now...was cheap ($25) on the military base when I was down in Cherry Point to welcome home a buddy from Afghanistan a couple weeks ago. Left him with a bottle of Elijag Craig and Blanton's and kept the Knob Creek for myself. It's ok, but not quite a smooth to me. 100 proof, so that may have something to do with it. I tend to prefer to let the ice melt a little longer before I really begin to enjoy it as compared to some more expensive favorites.

Last edited:
My brother picked up a bottle of the Pappy 23 on his way home from the Music City Bowl at some random liquor store in TN. I must say, it is delicious.

Working through a bottle right now...was cheap ($25) on the military base when I was down in Cherry Point to welcome home a buddy from Afghanistan a couple weeks ago. Left him with a bottle of Elijag Craig and Blanton's and kept the Knob Creek for myself. It's ok, but not quite a smooth to me. 100 proof, so that may have something to do with it. I tend to prefer to let the ice melt a little longer before I really begin to enjoy it as compared to some more expensive favorites.

Wait you left the blantons?

Wait you left the blantons?

Hell yes I did. The man is a Marine who has been living on a ship and flying Harrier missions day and night for the last 10 months while his only alcohol was 2 shit beers on "beer day" every 45 days at sea and some vodka his wife was able to sneak through the mail (clear, so it doesn't show up in a Nalgene bottle).

Besides, the Blanton's isn't as good as the Elijah Craig I left him. :thumbsup:

Hell yes I did. The man is a Marine who has been living on a ship and flying Harrier missions day and night for the last 10 months while his only alcohol was 2 shit beers on "beer day" every 45 days at sea and some vodka his wife was able to sneak through the mail (clear, so it doesn't show up in a Nalgene bottle).

He earned it. I just hired a Marine who spent two tours in Iraq. He was telling me about beer day yesterday. He did say they were able to drink Guinness.

I bought a handle of Knob for my brother's homecoming from Afghanistan. I had to balance quality and quantity.

worth the price?

Do you like the taste of pie crust, cinnamon, and bourbon? If so, especially if you like all three tastes together, probably yes. If not, then no. I think I got pretty damn lucky that I like the #67. Looking back, I shouldn't have bought the bottle on spec. I'm lucky that it's got a taste that I really like.

18 year old or 12?

Picked up a bottle of Corner Creek Reserve tonight. I'm a big fan. Got a nice bite and has a lot of depth of flavor.

Pulling this post back from last October, but I recently had a guy at the liquor store recommend this one to me and I was not disappointed. It comes in what looks like a wine bottle, but what's inside is delicious bourbon at a ~$30 price. I'm a fan.

JSNkh.jpg

Interesting. I finally received my prize winnings from Fantasy Football, and I thought I would spend it on Blanton's. So Elijah 18 > Blanton's? Now that I've acquired the taste I want to keep a fine sippin' bourbon on hand for special occasions.

Back