• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Yeah. It's not a bad price. I could easily turn it around and that's what I'd be tempted to do. I'm just not to the point where I want a $250 bottle sitting on my shelf right now (especially not with the price listed on BBB). I purchased the 2014 SB Four Roses release this year, and this Pappy will be my second "big" purchase. I'm saving up the rest of my bourbon funds trying to track down releases from the years my kids were born. I need a 2008, 2010, 2012, and I'll need to track down a 2015 as well.

And, just before I could hit send, I got the call from the Meck ABC Board. There's a bottle of PVW20 with my name on it. Damn, now I've gotta decide whether to trade it for some of the bottles I need for my kids or keep it.

Nice. Same here. Scored the PVW20. Very excited about that.

Have y'all already picked up your bottles? If so, have either one of you opened one up yet?

Yup, 4 years old. Nothing fancy, but it was on sale a few months ago at my local store and figured it was worth a shot.

Yeah...not bad for a young rye. I have a couple of bottles of that stashed away somewhere. It was sourced from LDI...has a slight mint taste to it.

Yeah...not bad for a young rye. I have a couple of bottles of that stashed away somewhere. It was sourced from LDI...has a slight mint taste to it.

Just tasting it now - I'm getting a lot of dill and also the mint like you mentioned. It's pretty dry as well. Good stuff.

Evan BiB up on sugar mountain... 12 degrees

Jesus I drank way too much bourbon last night, also convinced my fiancee to go on a cigar run at some point

I spent about $500+ on bourbon today. Couple of Willets (7 year experimental rye finished in curaçao barrels and a 9 year bourbon), couple of 4R private selection barrel proofs and a couple of erryday ryes (redemption and JE Pepper 1776). Not a bad haul.

I spent about $500+ on bourbon today. Couple of Willets (7 year experimental rye finished in curaçao barrels and a 9 year bourbon), couple of 4R private selection barrel proofs and a couple of erryday ryes (redemption and JE Pepper 1776). Not a bad haul.

Livin large!

I may have to find another ABC Store to frequent. Typically, my local store has a phenomenal variety of decent to good bourbon.

I go in last night looking for some OWA 107, nothing too crazy. We no longer carry it.

So then I decided I'll just get some Four Roses Small Batch. Low and behold, they also arent carrying it anymore. They've got some Single Barrel, but that's it.

At that point, I'm annoyed and say "fuck it, gimme the Blanton's". I'll be damned if they dont have it either!

So now I'm really pissed. I ask to speak to the manager who explains they only receive shipment of those bourbons once a year, and when they're gone, they're gone. So now I've got to wait until the first of the year.

I ended up with some Old Forrester, but was so annoyed when I got home, I didn't bother pouring a drink.

Last edited:
I may have to find another ABC Store to frequent. Typically, my local store has a phenomenal variety of decent to good bourbon.

I go in last night looking for some OWA 107, nothing too crazy. We no longer carry it.

So then I decided I'll just get some Four Roses Small Batch. Low and behold, they also arent carrying it anymore. They've got some Single Barrel, but that's it.

At that point, I'm annoyed and say "fuck it, gimme the Blanton's". I'll be damned if they dont have it either!

So now I'm really pissed. I ask to speak to the manager who explains they only receive shipment of those bourbons once a year, and when they're gone, they're gone. So now I've got to wait until the first of the year.

I ended up with some Old Forrester, but was so annoyed when I got home, I didn't bother pouring a drink.

Went to the one in Lewisville Friday night. No OWA 107 (can't get it right now) and no Blanton's. The clerk did say she could order me Weller Special Reserve but I would have to buy a case. So, I may do that once we figure out the barrel situation.

I picked up Larceny while I was there, anyone had it?

Back