• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Found a place in Berkeley that sold Elliot's Select for $23 a pour which is a steal.

Great stuff

Smooth Ambler released a wheated bourbon. Looks like it is only available at their gift shop. Aged about 5/6 years I think.

I bought a couple of bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel last week while on vacation. Pretty excited to give it a taste.

Old Weller Antique for the first time in 18 months found in Bryson City for $24. Only had 1 bottle but would have bought them all at that price. Had several Evan Williams 2008 single barrel bottles but let them go.

Went to a bourbon tasting this past weekend -nothing super fancy there, but 16 decent bourbons. Most were mainstream, but as I'm fairly new to the world of bourbon, several were new to me. The one that I hadn't had before that I was most impressed with was the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked.

I've tried a lot of the newer stuff, and had fun doing so. Blanton's is still my favorite.

Where are you located that all this Blanton's can be found? There is NONE and I repeat none in upstate SC or western NC at least that I can locate. No Buffalo Trace either.

Where are you located that all this Blanton's can be found? There is NONE and I repeat none in upstate SC or western NC at least that I can locate. No Buffalo Trace either.

The out of the way or smaller stores in Florida usually have a bottle. I buy it when I see it.

Randomly came across a few bottles of Rittenhouse BIB at my neighborhood store so I bought it. Not quite the sub-$20 price point that B&D posted about in the OP, but a decent find I think?

Randomly came across a few bottles of Rittenhouse BIB at my neighborhood store so I bought it. Not quite the sub-$20 price point that B&D posted about in the OP, but a decent find I think?

Rittenhouse has been almost impossible to find in my city. Total Wine has showed on-line for the last 6 months or so that they will finally have it in June. A couple of weeks ago, my local wine/liquor store finally had a bottle, so I grabbed it. I think it was around $29. They said they could continue to get it, and would probably be one of the few stores in town to have it. They are also the only place in town I have seen that has Sazerac, which I really like. They also normally have Blantons. Rittenhouse definitely makes a nice Manhattan/Old Fashioned; however, for a few bucks more, I think I'd just assume grab a bottle of HW Double Rye.

Edit: Actually Double Rye is still $10 more, so there is a difference in price point.

Last edited:

I'm a big fan; I think it's one of the best values in whiskey right now.

As for me, enjoying some Larceny tonight in the company of my wife and new daughter. Will pour some PVW 20 to celebrate once we get home from the hospital.

As for me, enjoying some Larceny tonight in the company of my wife and new daughter. Will pour some PVW 20 to celebrate once we get home from the hospital.

Well, that sounds like a legit reason. Congrats!

Congrats!

There were 8 bottles on the shelf and it was $28 (I'm in MD). Contemplating swinging by in the morning and buying three more for the college grad party for my triplet cousins. I've been spoiled but not a bad drink at all for the price.

ETA: No Buffalo Trace on the shelf but that was probably just how it flows. Had Blantons

Had a few good pours with a couple of posters from ATL. It was a fun night!

b912071a87d5b0a18798a5c455fc92d7.jpg

Back