• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Bye Danny

Did Dean Smith shoot the 18 footer for Michael Jordan? Has Gregg Poppovich blocked a shot during any of the Spurs' championships? How many shots did [Redacted] miss?

Yes, here come the idiots because UVA threw up a banked in 3 pointer at the buzzer and we missed a bunch of free throws. Guess a better coach would have coached his way out of that. LOL.

If a coach doesn't have some level of control, why have a coach at all?

Level of control over two of our best free throw shooters making 50% in the last minute? I don't know what you're trying to say here.

Manning had the decision and he alone let UVa dictate the outcome of the last four seconds. UVa was allowed to do whatever they wanted with no defensive effort by Wake whatsoever

What the hell was up with having no one underneath the basket for a potential rebound or to put pressure on the ball?

1) Good teams make free throws in important situations more often than they don't. Bad teams miss them in those situations more often than they don't.
2) Good teams play defense.
3) Good teams understand game situations and what to do in score/time specific instances.

Does coaching have nothing to do with any of the 3?

My post above about [Redacted], Poppovich and Smith- none of them made a single play for any of their teams. Why did two end up being great and the other an abomination?

The play in the last four second is Manning's fault. But that game is a win if we can make free throws and that's not Manning's fault.

Defense down the stretch was atrocious. UVA faced zero resistance.

A well coached team doesn't keep i bounding the ball to Crawford, who missed 5 in a row at the end of the Louisville game, and Devin. Well coached teams get the ball to their better free throw shooters.

Maybe you can say confidence is an issue and that could be Manning's fault? that could be true in a way but free throw shooting is the easiest part of basketball. A point guard and 80% FT shorter missing shouldn't happen and I would say that isn't on Manning at all.

Not having a player defending the guy inbounding the ball NEVER FUCKING WORKS!

Yes, here come the idiots because UVA threw up a banked in 3 pointer at the buzzer and we missed a bunch of free throws. Guess a better coach would have coached his way out of that. LOL.

meh, have you watched how this team has closed out games? It's beyond atrocious. At some point, Manning deserves some heat. Clock management, lack of composure, and decision making is atrocious

UVA scored 42 points in the first 34 minutes. They scored 30 points in the last 6 minutes. Just WOW

Back