• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good interactions with Coach

He's probably added years back to my life that all of our previous good teams took away. Simply because I don't care anymore...

Um couldn't be more opposite from me.. You are a lucky man.

Unlike most of his critics on this board, I have actually met him. It was during the alumni bball game after the FSU football win last season. He came across in that brief meeting as a nice guy with a sense of humor and was pleasant to me and my family. He was honest and realistic about the upcoming season and even made a pretty funny crack at Coach K's expense. I know this is only one interaction versus the many that paint him in a negative light. I understand that people (myself included) are tired of the very poor performance on the court, but the childish, personal attacks against someone that most haven't met is just silly. Just my two cents.

Unlike most of his critics on this board, I have actually met him. It was during the alumni bball game after the FSU football win last season. He came across in that brief meeting as a nice guy with a sense of humor and was pleasant to me and my family. He was honest and realistic about the upcoming season and even made a pretty funny crack at Coach K's expense. I know this is only one interaction versus the many that paint him in a negative light. I understand that people (myself included) are tired of the very poor performance on the court, but the childish, personal attacks against someone that most haven't met is just silly. Just my two cents.

I'm a nice guy with a good sense of humor and if I met you and your family I would be nice to you. I also like to make jokes about coach K. Paying this clown any money for the performance the past 2+ years is just silly.

Absolutely agree with everything in this post.

Absolutely agree with everything in this post.

Okay so we all agree that the sophomoric, scatological, and violent anti-[Redacted] critiques represent the lunatic fringe. Why do you continue to defend the man.

My dentist is nice but if he pulls out the wrong tooth, then he is a lousy dentist.

I had a very positive interaction with Dino the one time I met him. Maybe we should have kept him. He was very nice.

Okay so we all agree that the sophomoric, scatological, and violent anti-[Redacted] critiques represent the lunatic fringe. Why do you continue to defend the man.

My dentist is nice but if he pulls out the wrong tooth, then he is a lousy dentist.

How am I defending him when I say personal attacks against him are unwarranted and uncalled for? I think he should be fired immediately. I just think that we can stick to calling out his bad coaching without resorting to wanting him dead and stuff like that.

I think we both agree here.

Last edited:
I don't disagree about paying a coach for performance or lack thereof. I was merely responding to the intent of the initial post and then most of the silly responses. Not that I have very high expectations from an internet message board but some of the antics here get old. I guess I am just an old geezer at age 34.

I don't disagree about paying a coach for performance or lack thereof. I was merely responding to the intent of the initial post and then most of the silly responses. Not that I have very high expectations from an internet message board but some of the antics here get old. I guess I am just an old geezer at age 34.

No, you shouldn't expect too much from an internet board, and what else are people supposed to do but make fun of the worst coach in our school's history? Grobe's comments on MTOW were embarrassing, only to be outdone by Wellman's comments. And the Buzz debacle is so far beyond acceptable who knows how long it will take to recover.

Between the three, Wellman, Grobe, and Buzz are banking millions while we are embarrassed game after game in our two revenue sports. If any of the three are butt hurt about some alums/former DC contributors/fans airing their frustration on A MESSAGE BOARD they can feel free to give up their ridiculously inflated salaries and resign right now. In my opinion putting up with our "silliness" is about the only thing they're doing worth a damn, as they are not earning their paychecks in any other way.

As far as I know, he has never swiped an old lady's purse, urinated in public, or thrown cigarette butts out the window of his Prius. So there's that.

No but he has thrown a cigarette butt into an old lady's purse and then urinated on it

Your reasonable post has no place here, sadly.

I think he is a phony and a bad coach. I'm sure he can kiss some ass and put on the charm when required. But you can't get away from his dismal record and the fact he runs players off like he's moving cattle on the western range.

A guy shouldn't get jumped on for giving a story about a good interaction with Coach on a thread titled "Good interactions with Coach".

It's the holiday season. I'm willing to cut Bzz some slack until the Duke game. My gift to the man. Does anyone really care anyway?

There are plenty of good seats in the arena....

tons, but according to what they report, almost half the LJVM is filled. Funny, looks different when filmed by TVCigars camera

He gave me a new found respect for Tuesdays. I never realized how much Tuesdays sucked.

A guy shouldn't get jumped on for giving a story about a good interaction with Coach on a thread titled "Good interactions with Coach".

I'm not sure he's really getting jumped on, but whatever grief he gets, it's not because he shared a story about coach. He shared his opinion and he is going to hear others.

I'm not sure he's really getting jumped on, but whatever grief he gets, it's not because he shared a story about coach. He shared his opinion and he is going to hear others.

I think this is fair and I am fine with any responses towards anything I write. It is not hard to predict what you are going to get here.

Back