• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good restaurant for Oysters/Mussels in HP or GSO?

Last time I had raw oysters in Winston was at Jimmy the Greek's and I was sick for a week. I tend not to eat raw seafood away from the coast - that night I broke that rule and I paid dearly for it.

Must be a preference from living in a coastal state cuz your definition of "away from the coast" and mine are a lot different. I don't think of WS as far from the ocean. You can get plenty of good seafood here in Dallas (TX is technically a coastal state, but it's kind of large). Hell, some of the best oysters I've had were in Oklahoma City.

Went to Europa Cafe and bar in GSO. Sat outside and ordered 3 of their 4 Mussel dishes and the Calamari. Great atmosphere and the food was outstanding. 24oz St Pauli girl for $4. We will go back. Thanks for the suggestions and get your ass to Europa for some mussels.

They can ship Oysters from Louisiana or the Chesapeake Bay to Greensboro and/or WS just as easy as they can to Atlanta or anywhere else.

We used to go to Green's all the time. Never had any problems.

Went to full moon tonight. Left very impressed. Food was great and ago was the service. I do recommend getting there early. It was packed.

Anyone have intel on the Big Mussells place going in the former Coliseum Kitchen/Deac-n-Dive place? I don't think it's open yet but I could be wrong.Happened to drive by this morning and noticed it.

Back