• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Scotch

I am disappointed at how long it took for you to post on this thread

Hardly ever look at the Pit anymore, man. Glad I looked at it today to see what was going on.

I plan on treating myself to a nice bottle of something I've never had before to bring in the New Year.

Bought a limited edition 1991 Lagavulin Double Matured last night to drink with my dad tonight. I'll report back, but I'm expecting good things.

That sounds amazing. DO WANT.

It's really fucking good. I had the 16 year tonight as well to compare, and while they are similar in terms of flavor profile, the flavors of the double matured were much deeper and it was so thick you could almost chew it.

bump....shopping for a bottle soon to replace my soon-to-be-empty. The place I go to sometimes has ridiculous sales so hopefully I can catch a bottle that usually sells for around $75 for significantly less. So what are your favorites with that price range in mind

FWIW I bought the Doublewood for myself to try and I got the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban as a gift, which seemed to be welcomed and appreciated

I was at my local liquor tonight looking to expand beyond the macallan 12 I enjoy. Their scotch expert came over and gave a few suggestions on what I should try. FYI they had a bottle of macallan 50. Yours for 5k. Anyway as I was leaving with a bottle of glenkenchie 12 ($51) he gave me two airplane bottles of macallan 18. Great way to end the day.

Back