• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Scotch

Edradour is the shit. Brought a bottle of that home from my trip to Scotland a couple years ago. My only regret is that I didn't buy four or five.

Its apparently available in Atlanta, when I find it I will holler back at this thread.

One that I was surprised I liked (it was a gift) was Glenfiddich Solera Reserve. My brother was the partner in charge of the CPA firm that did William Grant's US tax work. When he retired Grant gave him 6 bottles of each of the single malts they import to the US...I got half :)

What do yall know about Speyburn?

I love the Mac cask strength definitely an upgrade to the the 12 (which I love) but cheaper than the 18

Balvenie Portwood. Aged 20 years. The best thing I have ever had to drink. Ever.

Love the mac cask strength, that's a solid pull if you can find it. I've had the 18 but actually prefer the cask strength. I like Oban as a standard scotch.

Bought a limited edition 1991 Lagavulin Double Matured last night to drink with my dad tonight. I'll report back, but I'm expecting good things.

It's all pretty damn delicious, but I think the most distinctive one (and my personal favorite) is:

Dalwhinnie-Scotch-Whisky-15-year-old.png

About 55 dollars and damn worth it.

That's just like... his opinion, man.

I don't know many ladies that like any Scotch now that I think about it...

oh, Snap!

"Dalwhinnie 15 year old is considered by a fair few to be a bit of a lady’s drink, not quite suitable as a man’s dram."

http://www.whiskycritic.com/dalwhinnie-15-year-old

hahaha, I should have clicked on the link as that sentence is followed with, "Quite how it earned this reputation I do not know, though I would suppose that it is due to a combination of its mild mannered characteristics and the label being just a tad too neat."

It's all pretty damn delicious, but I think the most distinctive one (and my personal favorite) is:

Dalwhinnie-Scotch-Whisky-15-year-old.png

About 55 dollars and damn worth it.

I am disappointed at how long it took for you to post on this thread

I'm not a Scotch drinker. IMO it makes a passable engine degreaser

That's just like... his opinion, man.

I don't know many ladies that like any Scotch now that I think about it...

Hence why Robin Scherbotsky is such a keeper. Also I made up how to spell her last name.

Back