• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good tequila

freakadeac

Reaction score
Go-to blanco for margs:
Lunazul
IMG_4377.jpeg

Seems to be on sale every other month at ABC stores, plus the logo reminds me of the new TWolves logo where the wolf is getting a bj.

Go-to premium blanco for premium margs:
Asom Broso
IMG_4378.jpeg

Very smooth, very flavorful, and the bottle is fantastically phallic.

Standard marg recipe:
3 shots Stirrings
2 shots Tequila
1 shot Grand Marnier
Fresh squeezed lime and orange

I have some friends / family who think this recipe is too strong. Fuck those people.

Go-to reposado / anejo for sipping:
Casamigos
IMG_4379.jpeg

I rarely sip tequila but this seems to be above average. Rumor is the Costco branded reposado is Casamigos?

Go-to premium reposado / anejo for sipping:
Don Julio 1942

IMG_4376.jpeg

My BIL drinks a lot of this and I was skeptical at first but it is absurdly smooth and absurdly delicious.

I like Siete Leguas a lot. I used to go to my previous company’s office in Guadalajara frequently and that’s the one they always recommended.

Can we all agree Patron is overrated?

Patron is usually my go to sipping tequila because I know wherever I am will have it. I feel like the hype around patron has died down about so maybe it’s properly rated but it was absolutely overrated 15-20 years ago.

Arette for margs. The last four more for sipping. Fortaleza blanco makes a great margarita. Arette value is off the chart.

Ocho is great for sipping or for any cocktails you want. It's a go to well choice at higher end cocktail bars up here.

Boooooo Casamigos! I love Arete. $28 a bottle here.

I'm almost certain every celebrity owned tequila has a lot of additives. Honestly, any tequila that's cranking out massive quantities of bottles a year likely do and/or are not made in the traditional Oaxaca method (a lot use autoclaves to speed up the process). Making tequila in the traditional manner is time and labor intensive and there's just not enough age-appropriate agave to make enough to mass produce absent some shortcuts (which impacts flavor IMO).

I'll take some pics when I can, but we picked up a 12 year aged Oaxaca method tequila aged in French cognac barrels while in Mexico a couple days ago. The darkest color and most complex flavors I've ever tasted in a tequila. Only 300 bottles are made each year.

I do not like tequila at all. But I like this.

This isn't the super nice tequila from my most recent trip, but one we picked up last cruise to Mexico. Not a bad sipping tequila, and one I like to sample from time to time.

Attachments

• 20231223_213834.jpg
    20231223_213834.jpg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 22
Once opened, do you keep the tequila in the cabinet or fridge? The Mexican distillers all suggest keeping it in the fridge, saying it'll last up to 2 years that way.

Granted, our bottles never last that long. I'm wondering if there is science behind it. Everything I've found online suggests keeping in the cabinet away from sunlight.

Back