• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gooner's Apology to Tim ABC/Waterfall Mafia Signup

also just replace smidge with tejas, this is not rocket science

8 bone-in chicken thighs
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
12 to 15 whole medium shallots, peeled
2 cups white wine
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 sprigs tarragon
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
Nutritional Information
PREPARATION

Rinse chicken thighs in water, and pat them very dry with paper towels. Sprinkle over them the flour, salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pot or skillet set over medium-high heat. When the butter foams, cook the chicken, in batches if necessary, until well browned and crisp on all sides. Set aside.
Add the whole shallots to the pot and sauté them in the butter and chicken fat until they begin to soften and caramelize, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Add the wine to deglaze the pot, stir with a large spoon, then add the mustard and tarragon, then the chicken thighs. Cover the pot, turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid, and allow the sauce to reduce and thicken, 15 to 20 minutes.
Add the cherry tomatoes to the pot, stir lightly to combine and serve immediately.

Knight is in

Tejas, I will see if redwing would prefer to not play, so you're first alternate.

RNG will happen some time tonight and roles will go out after. First deadline tomorrow at 10:30, unless I don't wake up, at which point I'll call night when I do.

Cool

I'm in. Only signed up because GoalieMom was berating me with text messages anyway (not the good kind), so I can't back out now.

So, ive been craving key lime pie. Ive bought a few from the store to try over the last month and none have satisfied my craving. Tonight I made one from scratch except for the pie crust and holy shit was it amazing.

I apologize, I have been moving all afternoon, and just finished up.

The consensus is no Smidge, I'll cater to the mob. Tejas replaces Smidge in the player list. Sorry, Smidge.

Rolling with 17 right now, captain will receive PM within 5 minutes. Captain picks first team member, then they pick the next, who will then pick the last member. At that point, I will RNG the civ roles and send out appropriate PMs. I will open the thread at when all civ role PMs have been sent out. Please stay by your computers.

The mob would like to nominate JTP for vanilla civ.

I will add JMan in and put Smidge back in. I am going to run this at 14-5, adding a goon, 2 vanilla civs, and removing the vig from civs. I think that will be balanced, 4 mislynches for civs, all mafia findable, no vig possibly hurting civs. If it doesn't work, whatever, but I'll give it a shot.

Rolling now.

OK I am just about to send the mafia captain's PM. Please stop posting here. I am going to try to get a mod to lock the thread, take any discussion to the Secret Pets Life of Pi Mafia thread.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Back