• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP Congressman compares Obama to Hitler for not going to Paris

I wonder what the overlap is between people who support stupid shit like this, and parents that home school their kids.

i have, just not nearly as often as I see conservative christians going that route

Hippies love some Montessori schools, I know that.

Really? You've never heard of hippies home schooling? Maybe it's just the circles I run in.

I just couldn't send my Heartshine to a place where his aura would get stepped on by anti-creative types. Plus those toxic chemicals in the finger paints and dry erase markers! And gluten and GMO foods in the lunch rooms, I couldn't bear to send my darling child to a place like that.

Not even close. The right wingers get the press for home schooling their kiddos, but the hard lefties are all about some home schooling as well from what I've seen.

Really? You've never heard of hippies home schooling? Maybe it's just the circles I run in.

Home schooling in the US until the 90s was nearly all hippies - La Leche League attending, carob chip cookie making, granola crunching stay at home "love your family" hippies for the most part (my mother was pretty much all of those things, FWIW). It was with the start of the HSLDA and the influence of Michael Farris that home schooling suddenly became such a cornerstone of the right wing fundamentalist movement.

These days, the left wing hippie home schoolers are few and far between. The entire movement has basically been totally hijacked by the super-fundy crowd. It's a shame.

It should be a requirement that presidents serve in the military beforehand, and Obama is a prime example of why. He offered Russia a "reset" button, and wrote in his autobiography (while still a state senator) that he would stand with Muslims if the political winds shifted in an "ugly direction." Our president is hopelessly naive like Neville Chamberlain, not Hitler.

It should be a requirement that presidents serve in the military beforehand, and Obama is a prime example of why. He offered Russia a "reset" button, and wrote in his autobiography (while still a state senator) that he would stand with Muslims if the political winds shifted in an "ugly direction." Our president is hopelessly naive like Neville Chamberlain, not Hitler.

Dumbass.

I assume you would be for internment camps then.

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-Americans during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims":
In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/coilofrage.asp#MMd8lqIgyyWom7Kr.99

You are a fucking moron.

Back