• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grade Coach Buzzhole's Recruiting Performance

How's my Hubby doing so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unquestionably the worst recruiter EVER in Wake Forest BB history. Current level of talent will have this program toward the bottom of the pack for the next few years.

I have often wondered why any player would sign up to play for bzz, assuming he first had the opportunity to actually meet him. Then, if a player bothered to look at his coaching record...? I guess there are kids out there who fall in love with Wake (understandably), but still. You have to put up with a lot of bzz if you're on the Wake team.

The reasons I didn't give him an F are Codi, Shelton and Devin. Plus Cav is rounding into a decent ACC player. If was difficult not to give him an F.

I tried to be level-headed here, and I gave him a D-. I think he should get some credit for CMM, Moto, and Shelton (who, remember, was a top 25 recruit when he committed). That's just not enough to overlook the Fieldses, Joneses, Andres, Chases, and Rondales of the last four years.

The reasons I didn't give him an F are Codi, Shelton and Devin. Plus Cav is rounding into a decent ACC player. If was difficult not to give him an F.

I chalk Devin up to talent evaluation or scouting rather than recruiting, but that's probably arguing semantics.

yeah this. I was going to try and give him a D+ to C- until I remembered that his first 2 recruiting classes aren't even on campus anymore. Then even when you look at the soph class you remember that they are a collection of role players that make up a program killing, 7 man class. All things considered I gave him a D- but it was extremely difficult not to give him an F at the end of the day.

I tried to be level-headed here, and I gave him a D-. I think he should get some credit for CMM, Moto, and Shelton (who, remember, was a top 25 recruit when he committed). That's just not enough to overlook the Fieldses, Joneses, Andres, Chases, and Rondales of the last four years.

same here

Hard to say because these players may be, and in fact probably will be, much better with a coach that is better able to communicate with them and motivate them.

What we know right now is that Buzz can't coach another coach's recruits, and he can't coach his own. So, who knows how good they are.

The reasons I didn't give him an F is because he actually somehow convinced kids to come here and play for him.

Gave him a D+. It is my belief that his coaching is so horrible that it's tough to get a read on the talent he has brought in.

The reasons I didn't give him an F is because he actually somehow convinced kids to come here and play for him.

Good point. Jim Jones was a master recruiter.

Hard to say because these players may be, and in fact probably will be, much better with a coach that is better able to communicate with them and motivate them.

What we know right now is that Buzz can't coach another coach's recruits, and he can't coach his own. So, who knows how good they are.

these are both spot on. although when it comes down to it bzz gets an f - and the other coaches get decent grades because 1 - they can only offer the kids bzz wants to offer and 2 - they convinced these kids to come to wake in spite of bzz.

I think my favorite is in the age 24/7 365 days a year recruiting with multiple recruiting agencies, AAU, year long basketball. Buzz managed to sign someone that not a single person had heard of.

Yeah, I dont think Bzz deserves any credit for simply recruiting 3 star players to a Big 4 ACC school. I think we could have gotten similar results with an automated phone message or a spam bot.

Yeah, I dont think Bzz deserves any credit for simply recruiting 3 star players to a Big 4 ACC school. I think we could have gotten similar results with an automated phone message or a spam bot.
And probably better coaching.

Karl Hess: "Charge! Duke ball!"

Automated Phone Message: "I'M SORRY TRY YOUR CALL AGAIN"

For all of Buzz's NBA connections he seems incapable of recruiting on a national level. 90% of our players are from NC or Central VA

I gave him a D+ being very charitable since he is a dead coach walking.

Back