• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland.com (New Bill Simmons Site) and funny/unfunny women chat thread

I was at that game at Wrigley that Eggers wrote about. The Cubs got crushed 10-0 and only got three hits. Darwin Barney had a little dribbler up the 3rd base line with one out in the bottom of the 9th that he beat out for a hit, and the mock cheer was the loudest the crowd got all day.

I like what I've read so far. Looking forward to when they get the blogs up and running as well.

God Dammit. I just spent an hour I didn't have reading about a newspaper that lasted for a year and a half in the early 90's. Seriously.

I guess it's working.

Really liking the site so far. The klosterman article on DVR was great and I enjoyed reading Simmons' welcome letter and introduction to the site.

God Dammit. I just spent an hour I didn't have reading about a newspaper that lasted for a year and a half in the early 90's. Seriously.

I guess it's working.

I guess it would have been too obvious to run the pieces about The National on "launch day", though it would have been appropriate. I got sucked into those two articles, too. Kudos to Simmons for pulling something like this together- what The National could have been had the technology been there to permit it. Interesting to see where it goes from here.

The only piece I've read that I didn't like was the Lackey one today. Seemed like cheap amateur psychology without any other point to it.

Yes the parallel is pretty evident.

I like that it gets to be essentially a daily mini-magazine. Really works well, I think. I am looking forward to it getting a comment system going, though.

I love Grantland but Molly Lambert can't write and is not funny.

Back