• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Job TC

Where will Arron McMillan fit in to the rotation?

Rountree 3 is a glue type...he is very thin but can play above the rim. He's the guy that does all jobs... he's like a young Stacey Augmon... long armed and lean and asked to do everything :dive for the loose ball;make the cross-court pass for a quick jam, defend all the way from the paint to the wing; receive the ball above the rim for the baseline oop slam; block the last second shot to perserve the win; sing in the chapel choir and smile with kid for the page one program pic and more...

Rountree 3 is a glue type...he is very thin but can play above the rim. He's the guy that does all jobs... he's like a young Stacey Augmon... long armed and lean and asked to do everything :dive for the loose ball;make the cross-court pass for a quick jam, defend all the way from the paint to the wing; receive the ball above the rim for the baseline oop slam; block the last second shot to perserve the win; sing in the chapel choir and smile with kid for the page one program pic and more...

I know about Rountree, I read the basketball recruiting thread, too. I'm asking about this diamond in the rough McMillan you mentioned.

I know about Rountree, I read the basketball recruiting thread, too. I'm asking about this diamond in the rough McMillan you mentioned.

Well, Im really speaking (as I usually do) from the standpoint of 'athleticism'. Clearly Rountree is not destined to play PG but if you drew Nate McMillan into the 21st century you'd probably have a guy who physically resembles "RTree3" (that's mine btw :)).

Now then, Nate McMillan was not a natural PG in the way that, say, Michael Ray Richardson was. He had to really transform from a wing slasher to a floor leader and it was not always a smooth transition. As a player Rountree is the same kind of stat filler Nate was...he plays a seamless game with an occasional eye-opening display of athletic ability. For the most part he just plays within the game and then you check and he's got 11 points, 8 boards, 5 assists and 3 blocked shots.

RJ, I think that TC's A/TO statistics aren't as good as they look and I'm not trying to bash him. But that ratio fails to take into account missed/stupid shots. TC seems to always be jacking up shots that he has never historically made and a lot of times they are pretty early in the shot clock. The other team gets a fast break off of these bad shots. I consider that a turnover but it is only listed as a shot.

I want TC to do well and he is definitely improving but he needs to learn to play more towards his strengths. If he could cut down on the stupid shots I think that we would be much better.

I think the kid is just getting his feet under him, so to speak. Will likely continue to improve. Hope the sky's the limit!

So far this season, I think it's evident that several of our players are improved or improving. The team is as well, pretty sure. Good to see that. Long ways to go still, but at least we seem to be moving in a better direction.

Well, Im really speaking (as I usually do) from the standpoint of 'athleticism'. Clearly Rountree is not destined to play PG but if you drew Nate McMillan into the 21st century you'd probably have a guy who physically resembles "RTree3" (that's mine btw :)).

Now then, Nate McMillan was not a natural PG in the way that, say, Michael Ray Richardson was. He had to really transform from a wing slasher to a floor leader and it was not always a smooth transition. As a player Rountree is the same kind of stat filler Nate was...he plays a seamless game with an occasional eye-opening display of athletic ability. For the most part he just plays within the game and then you check and he's got 11 points, 8 boards, 5 assists and 3 blocked shots.

Not Nate McMillan, I know how to use Wikipedia, too. Arron McMillan, your personal recruiting gem. Stay focused, man.

I think the kid is just getting his feet under him, so to speak. Will likely continue to improve. Hope the sky's the limit!

Completely agree. I'm excited for next year since there will be a good competition at PG with CMM, TC, and AF(if he stays) and i think it will make everyone better. Maybe even Rountree will compete a little bit as a PG since thats what he plays now in HS.

another BS misconception. He has taken a TOTAL of 30 threes. tis is 1.5/game. I would hazard a guess less than five have been anything other than open shots.

I'm not in favor of him taking threee, but it's not like you say.

I'd be very interested in seeing the rest iof shot selection. I'd be stunned if most of the rest aren't in or around the lane.

the reality is EVERY shot he misses is considered the worst shot anyone has ever taken at Wake by many on the boards.

conflating missed shots as TOs is ludicrous when most of those shots are in the lane.

If actually watch his eyes as he starts to drive, you'd see he's looking for peopel to fill lanes.

Yes, he has alot to learn, but he is by far the best option we have this year at PG.

I've seen no startter in the past twenty years get as much unwarranted crap as he does. Yes he makes mistakes, but nothing like the idiots on the board allege.

TC has been playing quite a bit better as the season has progressed. What else can you ask?

Back to the subject, of our three best players, Tony is the least likely to commit a TO and is among the least likely starting PG in the ACC to commit a TO.

Or do season-long numbers not count if they don't make him look badly?

Tony is not one of our three best players.

If Ty continues playing this many minutes you may have an argument. Other than Ty no one comes close to being Tony being #3 behind Travis and CJ.

Ty has to prove it over the rest of the season. I really hope he does. That will make us a much better team.

This thread ios typical of many here. Even when he plays well, many are incapable and/or unwilling to say positive things about the kid they are so willing to slam about any mistake he makes.

If this is directed at me, then you are just looking to pick a internet fight with someone. My comments are positive and do reflect why I want him to do well and in NO WAY WHATSOEVER are a slam of any kind.

I'm not directed it at you or any specific person. It's the general "everything Tony does sucks" (when he makes any mistake) and the group's refusal to deal with realikty.

He tries really hard and gets assists on some nice entry passes, but I do have to admit that he's by FAR the person I'm yelling the most at in a frustrated manner when I'm watching games.

Tony is shooting like 20% for his career from three and he's taken something like 50 over a yearish that he's been in college. That's about 40 too many

I'm not directed it at you or any specific person. It's the general "everything Tony does sucks" (when he makes any mistake) and the group's refusal to deal with realikty.

The fact is your post was the 4th in this thread, following 3 generally positive posts.

Not Nate McMillan, I know how to use Wikipedia, too. Arron McMillan, your personal recruiting gem. Stay focused, man.

Not sure either of you realize that Aron McMillian was a former Wake ballplayer.

What's really perplexing is that lectro apparently somehow typed out his name instead of Rountree without knowing that.

With Tony, his biggest problem isn't making turnovers, it's missing wide-open teammates. The biggest responsibility of the point guard is to get the ball where it needs to go, and Tony doesn't do a good job because of his lack of court vision. Like numbers said, he's incredibly frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
If Ty continues playing this many minutes you may have an argument. Other than Ty no one comes close to being Tony being #3 behind Travis and CJ.

Ty has to prove it over the rest of the season. I really hope he does. That will make us a much better team.

If he does, we will be a much better team, as he's done in last several games.

Man..the games can't crank up soon enough, eh?

You must be bored as shit...drab, cold day..

But I do enjoy the hell out of it! :)

Not sure either of you realize that Aron McMillian was a former Wake ballplayer.

What's really perplexing is that lectro apparently somehow typed out his name instead of Rountree without knowing that.

Pride of Greensboro Day School.

Back