• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Job TC

I agree he shouldn't take many, but he isn't. He's taking about 1.5/game.

If a PG doesn't take at least 1/game no one will even try to cover him outsiede the lane. This will create problems for other players. There will be less room for Travis to get into the lane. There will be less room for CJ to drive.

I'd love to see him take 200-300 shots/day this summer understanding that he's doing so not to shoot more.

Also next year he'll be playing a lot with the subs. This will be very good for him. Neither CJ not Ttravis fill lanes well. Having the more athletic Moto and Tree with him will make his play on breaks much better.

Nowhere near as good, but comparable game to Raymond Felton. Tough speedy guy with a poor shot and subject to occasional dumb decisions, but tough as hell and a real team player.

I agree he shouldn't take many, but he isn't. He's taking about 1.5/game.

If a PG doesn't take at least 1/game no one will even try to cover him outsiede the lane. This will create problems for other players. There will be less room for Travis to get into the lane. There will be less room for CJ to drive.

I'd love to see him take 200-300 shots/day this summer understanding that he's doing so not to shoot more.

Also next year he'll be playing a lot with the subs. This will be very good for him. Neither CJ not Ttravis fill lanes well. Having the more athletic Moto and Tree with him will make his play on breaks much better.

They aren't covering him much anyway. But I agree, he definitely needs to get his shot so that it's at least serviceable/a threat when he's wide open.

If I could say one thing to Tony it would be, "Keep your head up!" both in the face of this criticism about your abilities and most especially on the court.

If you drive to the hoop, and three opponents collapse on you then two of your teammates must be open. Your ability to get to the rim will be made much more valuable if you can use it not just to force a layup but to kick it over to an open man or by a little pull-up tear drop jumper in the lane. Oh, yeah, one final thing, get together with the guy who taught Ish to explode to the hoop during his last two years. With your strength, a quick dunk would also do wonders.

As I have pointed out before, Tony has intangibles that are very valuable and can't be taught: fearlessness, intensity, hustle and the will to win. Your critics would do well to realize how important these are.

But almost all the threes he takes are a funtion of the offense, not looking for them.

One thing I wish he would on the very few he takes is not to think about him. If he gbets the shot pull the trigger without thinking.

He's terirble whewn he gathers himself then shoots. When gets the ball and fires, he does better.

The #1 rule for him taking threes should be "either take it immediately or don't take it."

He does pass on a lot of them. The fact the offense gets him so many open threes bodes very well for Codi. He'll probably get 3-5 of those open threes each night.

Not sure either of you realize that Aron McMillian was a former Wake ballplayer.

Nope, sure didn't.

Aron McMillian played at Wake Forest as a freshman in 1997-98, seeing action in 14 games under then-coach Dave Odom. The former Greensboro Day School standout averaged 1.7 points and 1.4 rebounds for the Deacons as a rookie before transferring to Gulbene.

Man..the games can't crank up soon enough, eh?

You must be bored as shit...drab, cold day..

But I do enjoy the hell out of it! :)

It is rather cold and drab outside, now that you mention it.

TC had a good game. I'm happy for him, and excited that he may be capable of leading the team after all.

tough shots
tough shots
tough shots

He played 38 minutes yesterday. He's need to play about 30 minutes a game or he is going to be gassed in mid-February.

I'm confused. Is this "Lectro" the same guy from all the football threads? When has he ever posted this much about basketball? I was convinced he was pretty much a football-only guy...

Back to the subject, of our three best players, Tony is the least likely to commit a TO and is among the least likely starting PG in the ACC to commit a TO.

Or do season-long numbers not count if they don't make him look badly?

Tony is one of our three best players? On what planet?

He had one serviceable game, and another good game against High Point.

Ty has been much more valuable recently.

Nope, sure didn't.

Aron McMillian played at Wake Forest as a freshman in 1997-98, seeing action in 14 games under then-coach Dave Odom. The former Greensboro Day School standout averaged 1.7 points and 1.4 rebounds for the Deacons as a rookie before transferring to Gulbene.

I didn't realize the school on Friendly Ave. in Greensboro was called Gulbene. Actually, Aron first transferred to ODU, then to Guilford College. Funny thing about the "Gulbene" thing is that Wake played an exhibition game against Gulbene Buki, beating them 90-55. Not sure if Aron played in that game though.

Love Tony's grit and his handles.

His court vision seems limited and his shot is.....well, not very good at this point.

If I could say one thing to Tony it would be, "Keep your head up!" both in the face of this criticism about your abilities and most especially on the court.

If you drive to the hoop, and three opponents collapse on you then two of your teammates must be open. Your ability to get to the rim will be made much more valuable if you can use it not just to force a layup but to kick it over to an open man or by a little pull-up tear drop jumper in the lane. Oh, yeah, one final thing, get together with the guy who taught Ish to explode to the hoop during his last two years. With your strength, a quick dunk would also do wonders.

As I have pointed out before, Tony has intangibles that are very valuable and can't be taught: fearlessness, intensity, hustle and the will to win. Your critics would do well to realize how important these are.

Great post.

Does anyone else think Tony looks a little bit like a younger Tracy Morgan? At the BC game we were imagining him talking in a TMorg voice.

"Hey yo why you fouling my man like that?"

snl.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realize the school on Friendly Ave. in Greensboro was called Gulbene. Actually, Aron first transferred to ODU, then to Guilford College. Funny thing about the "Gulbene" thing is that Wake played an exhibition game against Gulbene Buki, beating them 90-55. Not sure if Aron played in that game though.

I lived in Effird with Aaron's recruiting class my freshman year. For what it's worth, Aaron was the nicest guy in that class. Shoemaker was a dick.

Does anyone else think Tony looks a little bit like a younger Tracy Morgan? At the BC game we were imagining him talking in a TMorg voice.

snl.jpg

Is this one of those "all those people look the same" moments?

BOYS BECOMIN' MEN, MEN BECOMIN' WOLVES

Back