• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Restaurants in Blowing Rock...

Bistro Roco for out of the way casual, Village Cafe for brunch or breakfast, Canyons for crowded, touristy with a nice view.

after sonnys and the original cheeseburger in paradise closed, the food in blowing rock has been lacking.

and dont anyone say woodlands is good.

Lots of good restaurants in BR, but none I would consider "great."

The Village Cafe is my favorite.

Drive to Boone and go to Coyote Kitchen. That's the best restaurant in the area.

Storie Street Grill is excellent.

The Best Cellar is good but expensive.

Knights on Main is good basic food. Village Cafe is good. So is Canyon's/with good view.

Storie Street Grill is excellent.

The Best Cellar is good but expensive.

Knights on Main is good basic food. Village Cafe is good. So is Canyon's/with good view.

Was going to suggest the Best Cellar. The Gamekeeper in Boone is also good. Crippens at least used to be good, but I haven't been in forever.

Was going to suggest the Best Cellar. The Gamekeeper in Boone is also good. Crippens at least used to be good, but I haven't been in forever.

+1. I've also always had a good meal at Twigs in the bar. And the Italian place on the highway with the funny name is pretty good too.

Another best cellar vote here. Spendy but good.

The list begins and ends with the Gamekeeper. Go at about 8 so you can watch the sunset.

a great sunset is at the Crestwood Inn, looks directly at Grandfather Mountain. - there is a good resturant there as well - excellent kobe burger

right up the street from the Gamekeeper

damn, now i've been thinking about best cellar all day.

Gamekeeper is absolutely excellent.

Went to Crippens on expense account about 2 years ago. Was awesome. If you have money to burn, order the Irish coffee: they have a guy there who brings a cart to your table and makes Irish coffee over an open flame. It takes like 10 minutes and is the best spectacle I have ever been part of in a restaurant, plus it was delicious.

loved Canyons when I was at App. I have been wanting to go back.

Went to the Best Cellar a few months ago... had something happen I'd never experienced before:

Left for Blowing Rock (about an hour away) for dinner on a Wednesday night and decided upon pulling out of our place that we'd head to the Best Cellar. Figured they wouldn't be packed, but decided to call ahead just to be safe. We called at 6 asking for a 7 p.m. reservation. They told me they couldn't seat us (just my fiancee and myself) until 7:15. No big deal.

Wind up getting there at 6:50 and checked in with the hostess... She told us to have a seat & wait for our reservation time.

Between 6:50 and 7:15... 3 different couples walked in and were seated immediately after each were asked if they had a reservation and responding 'no'.

After the 2nd of the 3 couples walked in and were seated ahead of us... I asked the hostess (and then the manager) what the deal was, and they both explained something nonsensical about scheduling tables for waiters with some priority given to walk-ups vs. reservations. One of the weirder things I've had someone try to explain to me; if anybody else can give the logic behind it... I'd love to hear it.

It wasn't a huge deal and I love that place's food... but it was certainly something I wouldn't expect from a place that nice & it will likely encourage us to try something other than the Best Cellar the next time we splurge in the Boone/Blowing Rock area.

Back