• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great sports nicknames

I have always had an affinity for the nickname for Mordecai Brown, pitched in the Major Leagues from 1920 to 1945. They called him "Three Finger Brown. . .mostly because he only had three fingers on his pitching hand (if you don't count his thumb as a "finger"). Truth be told, he probably should have been called Four Finger Brown, but that's what makes his nickname so fun.

I have always had an affinity for the nickname for Mordecai Brown, pitched in the Major Leagues from 1920 to 1945. They called him "Three Finger Brown. . .mostly because he only had three fingers on his pitching hand (if you don't count his thumb as a "finger"). Truth be told, he probably should have been called Four Finger Brown, but that's what makes his nickname so fun.

I thought it was because he always was sticking his fingers in people's asses. I just learned something new.

On the meaner side, I like Harangutan for Aaraon Harang

"Cy" Young
"Satchel" Paige
"Shoeless Joe" Jackson

I thought "J-Ho" was pretty awful. He deserved better.

89-fleer-bill-ripken-fuck-face.jpg

The no name defense
The Killer Bees
Jerry West was so good he has several including "Mr Clutch" and "The Logo"

Back