• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Tebow Story

Pretty decent college career. There are plenty of interesting stories on guys who don't play on Sundays.

Yeah I'm not reading that. This is just another example of the mainstream media creating a story where there isn't one. Tim Tebow is completely irrelevant.

Plenty of great college players don't make it in the NFL. Very few deserve a story. Not reading it either.

I mean Tebow Time was about as exciting as the NFL has ever been, however I doubt there is anything new to learn about the dude.

If anything has happened in his life in the last 7-8 years, I've heard about it. Trust me.

Of course SI knows it will get plenty of clicks from super religious peeps who yearn to find a savior in the bad bad world of pro football.

So whatever. Someone else can read it.

Good post, Brasky.

Very good article that was written well. Many stories that have been written before, but a good insight into who Tebow is.

deadspin's self-important essay was almost as bloated as the SI piece; maybe that was intentional and i missed the joke

Seriously, who really gives a fuck? I get so utterly tired of players in any sport becoming "interesting" or "important" because of their off-field bullshit. Whether it's some dickhead on the Lakers who spends more time in the entertainment section of the paper rather than sports because of who he's fucking or "being seen with;" or whether it's a bunch of stoners in Seahawks uniforms who just can't put the weed down for a few months a year in order to earn 7-figure paychecks; or dickheads like Kurt Warner or Tim Tebow who just can't keep their private beliefs private and to themselves when asked about a goddamned football game.

Want to get some recognition? Tebow started that way. Winning championships in exciting fashion and showing great talent is what it's about. Making the story about your missionary trips, foreskin hacking, and how your mommy still makes your dinner isn't. And neither is an NFL QB rating lower than the average Bears QB. This SI article is nothing more than the clap of thunder you hear as the storm moves on down the road. Soon, it's dry and the sun comes out and you forget all about it.

Interesting article - especially some of the comments on how teammates saw tebow.

Seems like some of the local critics have displaced the anger for the media hype machine and moved it over to tebow himself. He certainly holds strongly to his convictions, but considering all the good work he does, if you hate tebow (the man, not the story), you really might want to consider taking a hard look in the mirror.

I mean Tebow Time was about as exciting as the NFL has ever been, however I doubt there is anything new to learn about the dude.

If anything has happened in his life in the last 7-8 years, I've heard about it. Trust me.

Of course SI knows it will get plenty of clicks from super religious peeps who yearn to find a savior in the bad bad world of pro football.

No, you probably haven't.

russell wilson is just as religious as tebow, once the media catches on i'm sure he will become the next figurehead of the christian athlete obsession.

Back