• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Tebow Story

Interesting article - especially some of the comments on how teammates saw tebow.

Seems like some of the local critics have displaced the anger for the media hype machine and moved it over to tebow himself. He certainly holds strongly to his convictions, but considering all the good work he does, if you hate tebow (the man, not the story), you really might want to consider taking a hard look in the mirror.

Oh christ, fucking spare us. Go eat some Chick-Fil-A and protest a gay marriage.

god forbid there be an article about an athlete who doesn't seem to be a scumbag. he is the rare athlete who doesn't make headlines for killing a guy (hernandez), bullying a guy (incognito/martin), using racial slurs (cooper), having a drinking problem (smith), taking PEDs (Seahawks defense), or whatever else has gone wrong in 2013. i don't mind hearing about the athlete who wants to make things better. good for him.

he should have been the broncos' starting qb the year after his playoff run. peyton manning screwed him, and then the jets finished the screw job.

I think he's good enough to be a backup somewhere but it's a lot of baggage for a guy who doesn't play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

he should have been the broncos' starting qb the year after his playoff run. peyton manning screwed him, and then the jets finished the screw job.

Wait wut? You think the Broncos, given the chance to get Peyton Manning, should have said "nah, we got Tebow, we're good"? How did Peyton screw Tebow?

Wait wut? You think the Broncos, given the chance to get Peyton Manning, should have said "nah, we got Tebow, we're good"? How did Peyton screw Tebow?

haha, i didn't mean that. peyton's decision to go to the broncos (instead of the dolphins or 49ers) screwed tebow.

i think kellen clemens is going to start a game this week. and matt mcgloin started on thursday, as did matt flynn. chad henne will be starting. none of those guys have ever had any level of success in the nfl - tebow has.

haha, i didn't mean that. peyton's decision to go to the broncos (instead of the dolphins or 49ers) screwed tebow.

i think kellen clemens is going to start a game this week. and matt mcgloin started on thursday, as did matt flynn. chad henne will be starting. none of those guys have ever had any level of success in the nfl - tebow has.
ok, gotcha.

Tebow does good things off the field. He isn't the only one and it's not like the NFL or media cover up the good that others do. Pregame show for the Super Bowl is 7 hours because they fill it with human interest stories like this.

Cam does a lot of good things off the field for local elementary schools. Deangelo Williams started the breast cancer awareness initiative in the NFL. Greg Olsen has a foundation that helps cover the medical costs of parents with sick kids. Steve Smith washes the feet of the poor.

That's just a few examples from one team out of 32. Tebow doesn't have a monopoly on goodwill. The narrative indicates that he does. Tebow was given more than enough chances to make it in the league. If not for his ego, he would probably be one of the best TE's in the league.

If not for his ego, he would probably be one of the best TE's in the league.

So much this. What was it- three, four teams wanted to sign him as something OTHER than QB? The threat Tebow poses as a hybird offensive weapon is tremendous. He can fullback, slot, TE, and, sometimes, QB. But he wouldn't have it. So now we'll see him broadcasting, most likely. Watch Pat Robertson's network develop sports TV coverage just so they can sign him. He can talk scores, analyze the game, and let us all know about the dangers of lockerroom gays and foreskins.

Back