• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GREAT WIN DEACS!!!!

I would like to add that our current starting line up would be much better, talent, athletic and scoring wise with Ari or JTT in it, rather than Nikita. That increase in talent would be potentially offset by their ball hogging, lazy defense, and locker room cancer-ish'ness.

I disagree that Bzz did not want to get rid of Ari, JTT, Tabb etc. Bzz brings up last years "attitude problems" at every opportunity, even in 5 minute, face to face conversations with fans. After the first 2 games, I can't say that I disagree with his tactics, because we are a more cohesive team, even with less talent. I don't believe that Ari or JTT we're going to bring us great success, because they both needed too many shots to make an impact, and that's why I'm not sorry to see either of them go. I don't know how Bzz will deal with players that he recruited himself, but I doubt you will see any players on the current roster step out of line this year. After all the negative publicity we've had in the last 2 years, I'd much rather our team stay out of the news, especially being as bad as we are.

Not really sure who you are disagreeing with here. It was stated that Bz did not want to get rid of JTT. JTT apparently made a series of mistakes (some of which must not have been made public) that led to his departure. Bz did not cause it to happen.

Bz was not sorry to see Ari and Melvin leave. Those are the two he has referred to in his comments.

Personally I believe his comments about the "attitude problems" last year were not in his best interests, especially how frequently he has played that card. It paints him into a bit of a corner this year, suggests that he let one or two players impact the team more than he could, and makes him appear anxious to deflect responsibility rather than tackle it head-on.

I would like to see him focus solely on this season's team, especially in light of the results last year. No more comments about last year. I would like to see strength and accountability. Folks will be patient with the results if they see strong leadership. You may not like their style, but do you think Bob Knight or K would resort to blaming attitudes?

Personally, I was not sold on Tony, Ari or Jtt from a basketball or fit standpoint but those decisions were made by the staff and admissions with oversight from the AD. I figure once they are here they are part of the family. It is difficult just to dismiss that investment.

Personally, I was not sold on Tony, Ari or Jtt from a basketball or fit standpoint but those decisions were made by the staff and admissions with oversight from the AD. I figure once they are here they are part of the family. It is difficult just to dismiss that investment.

Read BabyDeac's post again. Tony chose to leave on his own. Bz did not want to lose JTT and complicated circumstances caused his departure. Ari is the only one that fits the description of Bz wanting off the team.

Read BabyDeac's post again. Tony chose to leave on his own. Bz did not want to lose JTT and complicated circumstances caused his departure. Ari is the only one that fits the description of Bz wanting off the team.

Hasn't stopped people from shitting all over all 3 of them.

It's pretty crazy to me that Wellman continues to get brought into personnel issues. It's not like every decision a coach or department makes have to run through him. They are paid to do their jobs for a reason.

Sorry, I was referring to them coming here in the first place and getting emotionally invested in them and then they are gone, not saying that they didn't screw it up for themselves. Just guessing they would have their own pov that we are not privy to for the most part.

Hasn't stopped people from shitting all over all 3 of them.

That's expected to some degree. Don't see what it has to do with anything. A handful of idiots rip all our early entries, so of course some people are going to rip people who leave under worse circumstances.

Back