• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GREAT WIN DEACS!!!!

On the old boards I talked to one of the mods and got them to look at DV7's posts(last year) and they wisely banned him. He used his time to set up his own board from which, I guess, he is unbannable.

great story. would read again.

I'm just thankful for him adding to our membership numbers and views on this site.

On the old boards I talked to one of the mods and got them to look at DV7's posts(last year) and they wisely banned him. He used his time to set up his own board from which, I guess, he is unbannable.

Yeah, I'm sure they appreciate you pestering them. But I'm not sure it was all that wise of them to ban him. That place is a ghost town now! I guarantee you they regret it. But I thank you. This board is way better than that board ever was. I guess that's why you post here. :p

Denial ain't no river in Egypt.

You are always wonderful at rationalizing why the rules you insist that everybody else follows don't apply to you.

Bzdelick has a terrible won-loss record. I guess that means he is fair game also.

How many career assistant coaches (never having been a HC in D1 before); who are at a school at or below .500 for three consecutive seasons leading up to being hired have been hired in the past decade?

I'd put that number at 0-2.

But as long as you say"RJ said it", you are OK Chris even when you are totally wrong.

well this certainly is a riveting and informative thread.

How did [Redacted], with his record previous to Wake Forest, get the head coaching job here?

I'd like for rj to explain that one. Too bad he will never see this unless it is quoted. Womp womp.

bBzdelik had two decades of experience in the NBA. He has the two highest win totals in AFA history. In two years he has 50% of the AFA's tournament appearances. He took CO from being a disaster and left it better than he found it.

I'm not saying he was the best pick, but unlike some idiots her, he does have credentials.

Having teh two highest win totals at a bad bball school as HC is INIFINITELY better than being an assitiant on a team that been losing. anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Have you never heard Keeper extol the merits of Lobo? His offenses have been part of our highest win totals.

And... CU had been losing under Buzz. Yeah, it sucked before, but so did WF football in the 90s.

Lobo has been the OC at Wake during the greatest period of football success since at least the 1940s and arguably ever.

Leave it to RJ to take two similar fact patterns and reach completely different self-serving conclusions.

Lobo has been the OC at Wake during the greatest period of football success since at least the 1940s and arguably ever.

Leave it to RJ to take two similar fact patterns and reach completely different self-serving conclusions.

ChrisL - the L stands for LOWF.

deacfreke2 - the 2 stands for hypocritical jackass

Bz's CO rebuilding project apparently peaked last year with an NIT bid.

How many years does he have to build Wake into a top tier ACC team, because if viewing a football program that has moved from traditional doormat status to mid-level ACC team is LOWF, then your expectations for basketball where Wake is a traditional mid-level program must be competing with UNC and Duke on an annual basis. So, how many years until the pitchforks come out?

Self-serving is being blind to reality and too entrenched to admit yo uare wrong.

First of all, it's irrational to compare a pro coach who made the NBA playoffs and had the two best records in a university's history to someone who has NEVER been a HC in D1.

Next it's equally irrational to excuse the failures of the past three years and
consider what happened 4-6 years ago more important.

Here would be a logical pecking order for picking a D1 HC in football:

1. Former D1 HC
2. Former pro HC/Coordinator
3. Successful Coordinator with direct ties to the hiring university
4. Successful D2 coach
5. Successful coordinator with Top 20 program
6. Innovative coordinator at top level D1 program

Somewhere WELL below that is "Coordinator at program that has not excelled for at least three years".

What we did in 2006 is irrelevant to 2011 unless we built continued success on that year. Unfortunately we didn't.

That's reality whether you like it or not.

Back