• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greensboro Coliseum Protest Saturday 12/22

I was at the game and I didn't hear/see anything other than VT's sign and a couple of guys about 20 rows behind the Wake bench holding up BuzzOut t-shirts during a timeout in the first half.

how many people in total? give us some numbers. what did y'all do?

I couldnt give you a specific number. Several chants of Buzz Out, several #BuzzOut signs... But lots of people screaming "Hell yea, BuzzOut" when we would walk buy them. As I said on the other thread...it was interesting to see the age divide. I would say 65 and older wake fans gave us dirty looks. While below 65 bought us beers and chanted as we walked by. Very interesting.

You guys are missing the circle jerk thread, where heroic tales of grandeur lead from the page into the imagination.

Where were these people that were yelling? I would have loved to have heard Bzz out stuff but didn't hear anything. We did see VT with his sign like two section over from us, but didn't see or hear anything else.

We were in 122.

It's funny to me that there are people who are BuzzOut on these boards talking about how people weren't yelling yet they saw where VT and the BuzzOut people were.

Why didn't you all go join them? That's how movements gain momentum.

It's funny to me that there are people who are BuzzOut on these boards talking about how people weren't yelling yet they saw where VT and the BuzzOut people were.

I'm not going to protest against Jeff [Redacted] at a game. I go to games to support the team and have fun at them, like I know that they were doing as well. It doesn't make them or myself lesser fans by doing one or the other either. It's just a difference in opinions.

I certainly wasn't criticizing them for not being loud enough, I just didn't hear them from where I was sitting. Certainly chuckled at the sign and the fact that they got it in though.

IMO I think the situation will take care of itself at the end of the year.

Yep. I just wish I could get down to WS before the summertime...

We need to start a WF version of Woof to get some couches for the BC game. Or at least for me.

I agree with this, but then I remember we went to Wake. The chance of finding people with A) sports passion B) populist tendencies and C) testicular prowess is beyond limited. For reasons that vary from socio-economic to historical to cultural, our fans, students and alums generally prefer to be the silent majority than vocal about anything, whether it's in the minority or majority. I think that's pussy bullshit, but what can you do?

Good for everyone that protested today, whether that meant being vocal and wearing a #BuzzOut shirt or simply supporting those that did in passing. Shame on those that just showed up and kept their mouths shut beyond banalities like "Go Wake." You're officially part of the problem.

Last edited:
Ah, the Wake Forest way, we are upset but not enough to do more than complain on a message board. Wellman is shaking in his boots. I hear ESPN is going to do a segment on how Wake fans are so upset with bzz that they can't get off their computers long enough to do anything about it.

Good for everyone that protested today, whether that meant being vocal and wearing a #BuzzOut shirt or simply supporting those that did in passing. Shame on those that just showed up and kept their mouths shut beyond banalities like "Go Wake." You're officially part of the problem.

Yes, sir.

Ah, the Wake Forest way, we are upset but not enough to do more than complain on a message board. Wellman is shaking in his boots. I hear ESPN is going to do a segment on how Wake fans are so upset with bzz that they can't get off their computers long enough to do anything about it.

The Wake Forest way was invented with message boards? Think through your post, you did not.

Until we no longer fund the asshole in charge (Wellman) and his very bad habit of hiring horrible coaches and insulting all alumni, this shit-show will continue.

I'm not sure why some struggle with understanding this concept (I'm not citing anyone on this thread).

I am done with my part of paying for the little asshole's kingdom. If others want to fund it, I wish them well.

I went to the game and just pulled for Wake. I fail to see how that's too much of a huge problem. I made jokes with the two guys I sat next to about how much [Redacted], Wake, and UNCG all suck in general. I booed [Redacted] when his name was announced, but once the game started just watched the game.

Most fans know Bzz sucks, Wellman knows that Bzz sucks, and Wellman knows a lot of fans aren't happy about it. I don't think my choosing not to overtly chastise the guy in a game we won handily against a really shitty crosstown opponent makes me part of any problem.

I went to the game and just pulled for Wake. I fail to see how that's too much of a huge problem. I made jokes with the two guys I sat next to about how much [Redacted], Wake, and UNCG all suck in general. I booed [Redacted] when his name was announced, but once the game started just watched the game.

Most fans know Bzz sucks, Wellman knows that Bzz sucks, and Wellman knows a lot of fans aren't happy about it. I don't think my choosing not to overtly chastise the guy in a game we won handily against a really shitty crosstown opponent makes me part of any problem.

No problem cheering for the team, we should support the players.

I was there in 1988 when we beat UNC on G'boro. Still managed to let Staak know what I though of his coaching ability before and after the game (we sat next to the tunnel that Wake entered and exited the floor. I didn't let an exciting win cloud my judgement on how I felt about Staak or the opportunity express how I felt.

Just like people say 'we only beat UNC-G', people were at a game with maybe 4k in attendance if you ever wanted to express your dissatisfaction with Bzz and be heard this was it.

No problem cheering for the team, we should support the players.

I was there in 1988 when we beat UNC on G'boro. Still managed to let Staak know what I though of his coaching ability before and after the game (we sat next to the tunnel that Wake entered and exited the floor. I didn't let an exciting win cloud my judgement on how I felt about Staak or the opportunity express how I felt.

Just like people say 'we only beat UNC-G', people were at a game with maybe 4k in attendance if you ever wanted to express your dissatisfaction with Bzz and be heard this was it.

Yeah, my judgment on [Redacted] was in no way clouded about beating UNCG. That would be like not paying child support for two years and then after making one payment turning and saying "OH HELL YEAH I'M FATHER OF THE YEAR." No, it's just what you're supposed to do. Wake managed to beat shitty teams for 100+ years before [Redacted] got here. His managing to beat these dumpy ass teams doesn't make me more inclined to support him, it's just him backing into an occasional foray towards what should be the status quo.

Sweet, along with the BuzzOut movement comes yet another permutation of the "I'm a better fan than you" bitchfest.

Back