• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Marshall

childressfor3

Reaction score
Say we fire buzz after the year, does anyone think we would have a shot at Marshall ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK to dream, dreams are one thing reality is another...

Bruce Pearl in the house!
New motto Pearl Jam!

Marshall has a job for life at Wichita. He could easily with 25+/year for as long as he stays there.

We will never hire Pearl. Next coach will be a young up and comer. It will be a make or break hire for our program. Tough to say who would be a great target at this point. Hiring the new AD will be more important in my opinion. We get the right AD with the right connections and the right coach will follow. I think we see a clean sweep of AD/MBB/FB coaches this offseason. At least that is my hope. It is time to start fresh.

We will never hire Pearl. Next coach will be a young up and comer. It will be a make or break hire for our program. Tough to say who would be a great target at this point. Hiring the new AD will be more important in my opinion. We get the right AD with the right connections and the right coach will follow. I think we see a clean sweep of AD/MBB/FB coaches this offseason. At least that is my hope. It is time to start fresh.

The only way that WF hires an up and comer is if Wellman leaves first. While this is not the order that I prefer, I fear this will be the order of the departures from the three spots identified above:

1. FB Coach
2. BB Coach
3. AD

Wish it would fall in reverse order, but don't see it.

The only way that WF hires an up and comer is if Wellman leaves first. While this is not the order that I prefer, I fear this will be the order of the departures from the three spots identified above:

1. FB Coach
2. BB Coach
3. AD

Wish it would fall in reverse order, but don't see it.

I hope Grobe retires this year, because I'd hate for him to go out with the 2-9ish type of year that is surely coming next season.

Unfortunately, Wellman's power grip over the BoT and his status as head of selection committee really throw a wrench into everything. His status may very well push our Ath Dept into the wilderness for the next decade.

Hasn't the selection committee been chaired by someone that isn't an Athletic Director before?

Hasn't the selection committee been chaired by someone that isn't an Athletic Director before?

At some schools, but at WF, since he took over, Wellman handled the evaluation and selection of every football (Caldwell and Grobe) and every basketball (Skip, Dino and Bz) coach that WF hired.

Back