• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Marshall

At some schools, but at WF, since he took over, Wellman handled the evaluation and selection of every football (Caldwell and Grobe) and every basketball (Skip, Dino and Bz) coach that WF hired.

Sorry if I was unclear -- I meant the NCAA tournament selection committee chair. Hasn't that been filled by somebody that was not a sitting athletic director before?

Sorry if I was unclear -- I meant the NCAA tournament selection committee chair. Hasn't that been filled by somebody that was not a sitting athletic director before?

It has, but they have to hold some sort of job in college athletics (AD, conference commissioner, etc.) in order to keep their post. UConn's AD (Hathaway) was fired/asked to resign midway through his term on the selection committee (just as he was set to become the chair of the committee), and the Big East Conference had to create a basketball-related position for him in order for him to maintain his status on the selection committee.

It has, but they have to hold some sort of job in college athletics (AD, conference commissioner, etc.) in order to keep their post. UConn's AD (Hathaway) was fired/asked to resign midway through his term on the selection committee (just as he was set to become the chair of the committee), and the Big East Conference had to create a basketball-related position for him in order for him to maintain his status on the selection committee.

Well a commute to Greensboro wouldn't be too bad for Ron.

Sounds good. Swofford, get on it.

Good info. Cheers. Enjoy the meaningless pos rep that I am about to send your way!

Would be totally awesome to see that ego-maniacal destroyer of Wake revenue sports lose his role as committee chair. I know it will never happen, but damn that's fun to think about. A crowning career achievement lost due to a misguided sense of self importance and incompetence.

Would be totally awesome to see that ego-maniacal destroyer of Wake revenue sports lose his role as committee chair. I know it will never happen, but damn that's fun to think about. A crowning career achievement lost due to a misguided sense of self importance and incompetence.

Agree!

Back