• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg McClinton Status?

WFU1990

Reaction score
Is McClinton practicing/shooting at all? Does anyone have any knowledge on his status for this year? I'm hoping that he redshirts and comes in next year with four years of eligibility.

In radio shows coach has talked about how he is shooting during practice and doing about everything he can, physically. Should be available after Christmas. Not determined if he will redshirt or not.

In radio shows coach has talked about how he is shooting during practice and doing about everything he can, physically. Should be available after Christmas. Not determined if he will redshirt or not.

I'm not familiar with this word, coach. Are you referring to Buzz?

This is what I heard.

Well he just left me a message thanking me for my donation this year. I wish I had answered and could've asked if he's going to play this year.

Any update on whether McClinton is taking a RS?
Disco Dan said this in response to this question on his column last night:

"Looks more and more like he's not going to play this season. I asked him a while back if he had his heart set on playing this year and he said no, he was prepared to redshirt, but that the decision had not been made."

Well I hope in his off year he's developed into a 3 pt threat. Sure will need it next season without McKie and Coron.

Why would he come back now? That would be nuts.

This. No need to sacrifice a whole year of eligibility for what...10 games? If there was National Title implications on the line that's one thing, but lets face it, best case scenario for Wake is an NIT bid. (Not likely, but best-case)

Back