• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg McClinton Status?

He's always a threat to fire one up. Even when he has a man in his face. Or there are no rebounders in position. Or there are 29 seconds left on the shotclock.

Codi celebrated his forced threes last night by going to Ihop today!

He's always a threat to fire one up. Even when he has a man in his face. Or there are no rebounders in position. Or there are 29 seconds left on the shotclock.

The Va. Tech game and ND games aside, McKie is just not a good 3 point shooter. If I'm the other team, I don't mind him taking those shots. Sure maybe he goes off like he did against Va. Tech, but that has proved to be a rare occurrence.

Why would he come back now? That would be nuts.

Because [Redacted] is fighting for his job. Decisions/encouragements could be made with [Redacted]'s best interests in mind, not necessarily McClintons. If there was some theoretical win total Ronald told Jeffie he needed to hit, and Jeffie thought that McClinton may ever so slightly increase the percentage chance of him getting there, he may burn the shirt.

I don't think it's a big deal either way. Basketball is a lot different than football where physical development and depth are so much more important and are directly related to redshirting. The basic question is will the next coach be able to recruit someone at the same level of McClinton when he is gone. The optimist in me thinks so. If that's the case, it really doesn't matter to the program is he redshirts or not this season. The only reason redshirtting would be a slam dunk "yes" would be either to balance out scholarships or if they thought McClinton was a super stud and didn't want to lose most of a year...and if he was that good he likely wouldn't be a 4 year player anyway.

[Redacted] said he was going to RS at the coaches luncheon last week.

May need to burn the shirt to ensure a Super Bowl victory tomorrow.

Back