• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grill Recommendations

shit, dawg, me and bullets just got matching grills up in NYC when we were visiting buckets, blowing 8 balls and banging bitches, yo'.

check it out, yo'

grillz.jpg

I bought this grill at the beginning of the summer and am thrilled with it so far. It cooks great and can maintain 500 degrees with just 2 burners on, and upwards of 600 with all 4 on for searing a steak.

I don't know for sure how well it will ultimately hold up, but when I put it together it seemed very well made. All non-stainless steel surfaces had a heavy layer of paint over them for protection. I was also able to pick a cover up for it so I expect it will last me a long time.

Love my Vermont Castings grill. 7 years old, looks about two years old and functions perfectly. Even the lighter still works. Heavy lid, holds a lot of heat so low flame (no scalded steaks). Take a look.

Anyone have any experience with infrared grills? Seems like you'd be missing something since there isn't the potential for direct contact with the flames (at least as far as I can tell), but maybe not. I'm in the market for a grill and there is a charbroil that is the perfect size (I'm under some constraints) but it's infrared. The Weber's look great, but they are pretty big in terms of width, which is the issue I'm having for the space I want to put it.

If the difference in price for three burners vs. two is only $100, spring for the bigger grill. Weber's will last a long time, and you will grow into it. Plus you get a more versatile zone setup.

I got a Spirit 310 and a Performer last summer, and I love them.

With a chimney, charcoal is not that bad time wise.

Get a $69 Weber charcoal. I find it far easier to keep clean than my gas grill.

Does anyone have any experience with these newer infrared grills? My sister has the 2 burner and has loved it and I just purchased the 3 burner. Just want to see if anyone had ever used one or new anyone that had one.

Does anyone have any experience with these newer infrared grills? My sister has the 2 burner and has loved it and I just purchased the 3 burner. Just want to see if anyone had ever used one or new anyone that had one.

I know somebody that does & he absolutely loves it. He got the smallest one, for time instead of charcoal, and you don't need a bigger one because the heat is evenly spread out across all of the grill.

If you want a charcoal grill, get a burn barrel/oil barrel. Make one out of that. The guy that has the infrared has the burn barrel charcoal grill. And it's the sickest charcoal grill ever.

every. single. time. i read this thread as "girl recommendations".

Having reviewed your parameters in the original post, I recommend a Big Green Egg (large), which is neither gas nor $300. If you find a good sale it can be had for $500. You won't need to buy another grill again so the savings are worth it, and if you get an automatic lighter, it doesn't take very long to light. You will not find a better grill/smoker out there, period. If you are going to pony up $400-500 anyway, this would make a very worthwhile investment.

Back