• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe and CO Shameful (socaldeac's thoughts thread)

"Shameful" would describe that performance Saturday.

No excuse for that folks. None. Zip.

The program is solid and is where it needs to be. We had an ACC atlantic title and a 9 win season right in our hands and mistakes at key times cost us.

I dont believe that "shameful" describes where we are - in fact just the opposite. I do believe that Grobe does need to get his head out of his ass and make a change at O co-ordinator and bring a fresh view there. Way too many absurd play calls over the years that have cost us games we should have won.

Last edited:
"Shameful" would describe that performance Saturday.

No excuse for that folks. None. Zip.

The program is solid and is where it needs to be. We had an ACC atlantic title and a 9 win season right in our hands and mistakes at key times cost us.

I dont believe that "shameful" describes where we are - in fact just the opposite. I do believe that Grobe does need to get his head out of his ass and make a change at O co-ordinator and bring a fresh view there. Way too many absurd play calls over the years that have cost us games we should have won.

Agree. I say we demote Lobo (assuming he doesn't get an HC somewhere) and make Galloway the OC. I love the changes to the WR corp from last year

It would probably be best for Grobe to tell Lobo to take whatever job he can get. I doubt he'll get a FBS head job if he hasn't gotten one by now.

Lambert had supposedly pass over numerous good jobs, DC positions at big-time schools, or whatever and he took at job at UNCC.

This thread is just one long parade or moronic trolling, not unlike the thread a few months ago where many of these posters were predicting a 3 win season, arguing for Grobe to be replaced with someone who'd continue moving our "floor" to 8-9 wins every year, blah blah blah.

Using the word "shameful" in a Grobe thread, after what he's done for this program, is embarrassing.

Agreed.

I agree that Saturday was "shameful", but to say that Grobe and company are shameful is ridiculous.

show more replays on the scoreboard that have fucking meaning. don't show a replay of the other teams gigantic tight end running one into the end zone, with our guys bouncing off him like a fucking pinball & for goodness sake, don't put his amazing hurdle in slow-mo & run the rest of the fucking play in normal speed!! who the fuck is running the replays?? that probably pisses me off more than the bullshit i see on the field sometimes!! anyone agree??

also, i would like to see Grobe talk to the refs w/a little more fire!! when we get robbed, let them know how fucking upset you are about the fact that we were robbed!!

Last edited:
I'm just amazed that anyone would use the word "shameful" to describe Jim Grobe's tenure at Wake Forest. That is actually kind of offensive. Shameful is keeping quiet while your assistant molests young boys in your locker room. Shameful is employing an agent's runner as your associate head coach. Shameful is learning about blatant NCAA violations and then withholding information and lying to NCAA investigators.

It takes a pretty amazing lack of perspective to use that word to refer to Jim Grobe.

What in the world are you referencing?

Back