• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe IN or OUT

Grobe IN or OUT?

• Total voters
Jim Grobe is not a coach -

One thing that has been noticeably lacking on the Wake sideline this season has been enthusiasm. It just doesn't look like anyone on the team is having fun playing football--they all look like they're on some kind of death march toward the end of the season. I contrast that with what I saw looking across the field today with Franklin or a month ago against Clemson. Those coaches were up, pumping up their kids, encouraging them. I can't remember the last time I saw a Wake coach do that. Grobe just stands there like a statute or paces while looking down at the ground. Frankly, I'm not sure what he actually does on the sideline, as you never see him speaking into his headset or talking to anybody either.

Jim Grobe is an administrator - not a coach. Coaches interact with their players - give them encouragement - point out mistakes - actually talk to them. They fire them up. Administrators silently watch and decide which excuses they will use in the press conference after the game. Yesterday the administrator placed no blame on himself or his staff - it was just the injuries and the kids.

Grobe improved Ohio from horrible to .500. This is why their fans still love him.

However Solich has come in and taken the program to a higher level. Wake requires a similar solution

Let's grab another Ohio coach and bring in Solich!

:drool:

I'm Grobe In as long as he makes some coaching staff changes. If not, it's time we get another coach.

Don't expect anything soon. They'll drag their feet and wait for signing day to come and go. In all honesty, I don't see anything changing.

Undecided until I see how Grobe reacts to this season. If he makes wholesale changes on the coaching staff (Lobo, Knorr, and probably others) and makes it clear to everyone that this season and especially the lack of effort and desire is totally unacceptable and better never happen again then I'm good with Grobe for now. If not, then it's time for him to retire or go...

frankly if very little has happened thusfar it would be shocking to see any significant changes.

Back