• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Names Starters

We have a decent amount of walk ons and freshman on that two deep. Hmmm...

Was he a better runner than any QB taking a shotgun draw on 3rd with a couple yards to pick up? That answer is yes every damn day.

Sure. Doesn't mean he was a good option though. Fullbacks have one primary responsibility and that is to block. Secondary is to catch passes. ToBo was good at both of those. Running the ball wasnt his thing.

Sure. Doesn't mean he was a good option though. Fullbacks have one primary responsibility and that is to block. Secondary is to catch passes. ToBo was good at both of those. Running the ball wasnt his thing.

I disagree with this. An NFL caliber athlete at fullback is a great option for third and short. Yes you are right that about anything is better than what we usually do, but a solid fullback can be very productive in short yardage. And it's not like he needed to be run like Barry Sanders on a dive play.

I'm guessing Wooding is not eligible since he is not on the two deep.

Yet it has deandre at 235 on the two deep and was at 215 last year

Was hoping to see one of the other TEs step up. Also interesting that Donatell already won a spot. Have we ever had such a tall LB?

A) Killer bloodlines and experience around the game.

B) Worker

C) Great Athlete/ 40 ish vertical -- that's just what I said -- he and Kevis tied for highest clearance during summer sessions as both trailed the freakish Justin Jackson.

D) He and Kevis are neck and neck in development -- both kids are sub 4.6 guys with great frames.

Steve is this type athlete/mind on a 6'6-230 pound frame that will go somewhere near 245-250 by the time he graduates. I look forward to catching many of you napping on this guy...been singing his praises for months now. He and KJ and the load of great LB/DE Aths Wake has acquired these last 2 seasons.

Tylor Harris is close to 290 pounds - think DeMario Pressley out of G-Boro several years back. Pro prospect for certain as is Josh Banks who is up to 280.

We have some unreal young linebackers:

Donatell
Virgile
Dunn
Jones
Matthews
Chubb

Back