• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Stepping Down - Press Conference @4:15

I really wish he could retire as Wake's all-time winningest coach.

The Jessie Spano emotion is hilarious and oh so accurate.

Really, really sad to see Grobe go. Excited for new energy. I think young, energetic coaching candidates would have serious momentum for this position.

I don't think anyone believes it, but at the same time many people fear it, given how things have gone lately. I feel much like I did when Dino was fired. Not a bad move if you have someone better lined up. Of course, Grobe is resigning on his own so it is a different situation. In any case, given the [Redacted] hire, I fear for the future of football.
Yeah, I get the concern. But I think it is harder to [Redacted] the football program than the basketball program. football has been at the bottom for much of its history, not so with basketball.

LOL, there's almost no one at the press conference. LOWF.

press conference looks like the joel at a basketball game. wonder what wellman's word on the official attendance of reporters will be.

Maybe so to keep the door open to coach again. But I can't see Grobe coaching again. Nor can I see him needing to after how much we paid him.

I'm hoping it's because he's staying on to take a job with the AD. So resigning his position as HC

Oh fuck you, Steve Shutt!

I had a feeling. He told Cutcliffe after the dook game "It's been a pleasure"... and he looked like he said something similar to Jimbo after the FSU game.

I would rather him leave like this than a firing. Kind of sad, kind of nervous because Ronald McDonald is hiring, kind of excited to see whats next.

I will always admire and respect Grobe.

Back