• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe to Colorado State?

I could see Grobe accepting the head coaching job at Winston-Salem State so he could be back in the saddle with Lobo. Lobo's employment status was Grobe's overriding concern at Wake and I'm sure he misses discussing the nuances of 4th and 1 runs from the 'gun with him.

He didn't have to love anything or anyone. He did great things during his time. Like many coaches, his last few years he slipped.

If Grobe were a bit younger, CSU would actually be a nice fit for him. Decent school in a decent conference, low expectations, in a part of the country with a good lifestyle and that he's familiar with after his years at AFA.

I will always appreciate what Grobe has done here. He has shown it cam be done not just winning the ACC, but more importantly consecutive winning seasons. No one can make the excuse that it cannot be done here anymore.

Grobe got stale and the program suffered, but you can't lay all the blame on a guy who was constantly lied to by Wellman & Co.

At some point, he realized all the promises made by Wellman to better the program were empty, and he just stopped giving a rat's ass.

Wellman out before Clawson and Manning come to the same conclusion.

At the time of the Nebraska rumors, I distincly remember how ridiculous it would be for a guy like Grobe to even think he could survive at a major football factory. Also recall being dumbfounded by Nebraska's apparant lack of knowledge that Grobe was not a coach of anything and TOTALLY dependant on the expertise of his OC and DC. In hindsight, a gentleman and good ambassador but really more a personnel director/manager than a football coach.

As much as I blame Wellman, I have to believe he *wants* to build better facilities. It may just be that the decisions are made over his head.

As much as I blame Wellman, I have to believe he *wants* to build better facilities. It may just be that the decisions are made over his head.

Plus, Welllman doesn't have much control over the economy, which went into an historic recession.

Jim Grobe did great things and raised the bar at Wake Forest. I will always be a fan of his, and wish him the best of luck if he gets back into the coaching ranks. Dave Clawson is now our coach and I believe he will win here (how much & what, I don't know). I'm optimistic about the future of Wake Forest Football.

Grobe got stale and the program suffered, but you can't lay all the blame on a guy who was constantly lied to by Wellman & Co.

At some point, he realized all the promises made by Wellman to better the program were empty, and he just stopped giving a rat's ass.

Old ground already churned KV. Grobe got the big contract, assistant salary bumps, FieldTurf practice field, MAJOR makeover of the stadium, Deacon Tower for starters. And starting in 2008 thru 2012 Wake - like everyplace in this country - suffered under the worst recession in 75 years. This point via Grobe is nonsense and he knows it.

Jim Grobe did great things and raised the bar at Wake Forest. I will always be a fan of his, and wish him the best of luck if he gets back into the coaching ranks. Dave Clawson is now our coach and I believe he will win here (how much & what, I don't know). I'm optimistic about the future of Wake Forest Football.

This.

#sage #Amen

Time to prepare the #WellmanOut billboard initiative!!

Back